Thread: Lake Oconee

Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Lake Oconee

Any reports on Lake Oconee?? Will be there Oct 15 & 16.

Re: Lake Oconee (Bassin Billy)

Some friends of mine had good luck on spinnerbait around 44 bridge but that was a few weeks ago.

3. Member

Billy, I normally fish the midlake sections during October with crankbaits. Best colors are Citrus Shad and West Point colors....medium to deep divers, fished around any points along the main river channels.

Lifetime Member of BBC

4. Member

Try all the great spots that I took you to last year that we didn't catch any fish from. If they are not there go back to the ramp, drive to Greensboro and get some BBQ at Holcombs! If they are there then you will have 24 lbs by noon, can go back to the ramp, drive to Greensboro and get some BBQ at Holcombs and then go win the tournament!

5. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Re: Lake Oconee (gcoxvb)

Why?? Why? Why do I get myself into these situations with you. I am still trying to figure out who paid you to take me around to those do nothing holes and cause me to blank last time we were there. Its club members (so called friends) like Glenn that tell you they caught 15lbs on a tomatoe seed brush hog when they were actually using a crankbait. If the fishing is like it was last time I will go back to Holcombs!! I will make sure to get your wife some BBQ and not bring you any . God please let me find some help .

Holcombs is the 2nd best b-b-q joint in the country. The absolute best is about 7 miles downn the road in Union Point. Jackson b-b-q in my professional gluttionous oppinion is the best there is. Holcombs is outstanding too.

7. Member

fished Oconee last saturday, caught 8, 4 keepers for 5.6lbs........caught them on junbug and watermelon seed trickworms up on the bank, yes, i said up on the bank.....saw a number of bass crusin in 18inches of water......hitting docks and shallow WOOD!!!! produced 2 of my 4 keepers. one early on a Pop-R....

caught 2 fish in a 2 casts on long points in 15ft of water using a DT-16, custom painted by myself........then i lost it on the 3rd cast.....the only pait job of its kind i had.....

alot of the club sucess, I took 3rd, were on topwater in the morning or plastics in the afternoon in 3-4ft of water that was close to 20ft dropoffs.......biggest fish was 4.87lbs on a C-Rig in deep water. that might be where the big ones are. Good Luck.

I have a tournament on Clarks hill the 15th and 16th.....any help?
    Nick
    \'00 Javelin Renegade 20
    \'00 Johnson 225 HO
    http://www.lureinnovations.com

8. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Re: Lake Oconee (SgtBonecrusher)

I sent you an instant message. I CAN help you at the Hill!