Need some advice for Crescent Lake

I am going to be in Florida during the week of April 14. I am going to be fishing Crescent Lake and the St. Johns River system. Can anyone give me some tips on what the patterns might be at this time. We are making this a family vacation and would like to see my 6 yr old son hook into some nice fish. I have never fished Florida before so I'm clueless on what to expect. Any help would be great. I might even hire a guide for a day so if anyone knows a guide in that area please let me know. Thanks.

2. Member

Re: Need some advice for Crescent Lake (skeeterguy)

Anyone?

...Crescent is not on my list of fav's and the water is on the low side...I fish the canal mouths in Dunn's Crk, you have a tidal influence north of Lk George. The St Johns has a lot of bait moving through. Main river points with a c-rig ( blk/blueor june bug ) or a slow worked rattle trap(chrome) work well....Then there is always Lk George, I like the north side......There I'VE ALREADY SAID TOO MUCH, have fun

I never have liked Crescent Lake. It always looks lifeless to me. When I used to live in Jacksonville and wanted a sure fun day to catch fish I would go down to lake Stella. Lake Stella is right across the street from the boat ramp at Crescent. Believe me, you will catch allot of fish in Stella. Stella is gorgeous. It has tons of grass, very clear water, Lilly pads, islands, points, it has deep water and shallow water. The fish run small in the lake but there are lots of them. 20 fish days are not uncommon there.

Take the kids there believe me. Leave Crescent alone or you will think Florida fishing sucks.

Re: Need some advice for Crescent Lake (Keithscatch)

I have a club Tournament there soon and i haven't missed a tournament in years but i will miss that one...Cresent is nothing but a Crappie ( Fish) Lake ....Its not good for bass at all. Do yourself a favor go to Stella or Make the run to Rodman... or Lake George...

Don't go and waste your precious time. I was there today and it sucked. I only saw 2 or 3 boats in there all day. I would go to George or stay in the river.
    THE SMELLER IS THE FELLER!

try to get a hold of some of the guys on the fishing swap section on BBC there are a few guys around Jacksonville that fih that area. Good luck.