Big creek Lake (mobile)

Any body been fishing this lake, I have not been on it since moving here, but would love some info about it, or even willing to trade trips if someone wants to go out there and show me around a bit, I understand it is a deep clear lake with minimal cover and alot of off shore structure (my weak point).

2. Member

Re: Big creek Lake (Gafishin)

you have got me on where its located in the Delta, the only lake I know of that is close to what you are speaking of is Miflin and its not deep

\"If your not livin on the edge,
    then your taken up to much room!\"

3. Member

Re: Big creek Lake (99Basscat)

No i know where it is at, it is not on the delta, it is the county's drinking water resevoir, located at the end of Howells ferry road. I heard there can be some decent stringer caught in there but you need to know where the old road beds and river channels are.
    I may it a a try sometime this week and see if I cna find some bottom structure out there.

4. Member

Is that the lake you run over on Hwy 98 to the west of I65.

\"If your not livin on the edge,
    then your taken up to much room!\"

5. Member

Re: Big creek Lake (99Basscat)

Not sure if it extends up to 98 or not, But yes defiantley west of I65, it is about 3 miles west of Snow road. If it does there is probably little to zero water in it there, but plenty of stumps. This is a great looking lake, i know tanner williams goes across the southern end of it. Howells ferry dead ends itno it and that is where the ramp is, and i believe the next road up (maybe 98) goes over it. I beleiver they run a working man's torunmanet out of there on wednesday or thursday nights.

6. Member

I've never fished Big Creek Lake and I've lived here for 34 years. I talk to a guy that lives on the lake and he said that it can be some rough fishing. You have to know where to find the fish, and with the clear water, getting them to bite is difficult. He said that once you get to know the lake, you can do pretty good.

It is the lake that runs under 98.