Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Your Opinuon: Where's the best bass fishing in Ohio? (ploppin4bass)

Indian Lake.

Re: Your Opinuon: Where's the best bass fishing in Ohio? (CincyBas)

Lake Erie, The Ohio River, and Portage even though its been gettin alot of pressure the last couple years.

3. Member

Re: Your Opinuon: Where's the best bass fishing in Ohio? (99 Cardinal)

Ok, i just moved to Cleveland, Ohio from Alabama. I am a very serious Largemouth Bass fisherman and have tried several lakes in Northeast and North Central Ohio. This is what I have found so far.I can go to Punderson Lake and catch a dozen Bass that average around 2 pounds. I then tried Lake LaDue and caught one Bass there in about two hours. I went to Knox Lake and got a couple 2 pounders in a couple of hours. I have also fished Lake Erie. I only have a 14 ft Jon boat but I put in at the Metro Parks and fish the break wall by the Cleveland Yacht Club. I normally catch a couple of Largemouth, a couple of smallies and some huge Sheephead. I also fished West Branch a couple of times this past month but the water is down around 15-20 feet from what I can tell. I did catch Bass there but only in a weedy cove and around the rock areas. I would like to try new lakes in Ohio and I'm wondering if anyone can help. I have read Lake La Su An in the Northwest is the best in ohio. Can anyone give me the real deal on what lake I can catch the most Bass on. I have a 9 pound Bass on my wall already and would just like to catch the most Bass for fun. Please HELP!!! Thanks

Re: Your Opinuon: Where's the best bass fishing in Ohio? (cgs1967)

You moved to the wrong state bud , fishin in Ohio can be real tough

Re: Your Opinuon: Where's the best bass fishing in Ohio? (99 Cardinal)

Knox lake, Hoover Lake, Apple Valley.
    Knox is now a idle only lake unless you have a 10 or under.
    Hoover is also a 10 lake and is very large, but its a sleeper because of that.
    Apple Valley is a private lake outside of Mt Vernon, Ohio. Its claer, full of grass, docks, and less then 5 miles from my house. You have to own property out there to fish but its worth it to go.
    Anyone wanting to try it let me know and we will go
    Paul

PROUD BBC SPONSOR

6. Member

Re: Your Opinuon: Where's the best bass fishing in Ohio? (paulpus)

20 pound bag of fish is not uncommon at portage on a 4 hour wensday night tour. i catch some hogs there but no lake can touch erie smallmouth fishing

7. Banned

Re: Your Opinuon: Where's the best bass fishing in Ohio? (dkwas)

Lake Erie, hands down!

Can fish some areas on lake Erie, in Ohio, with 100+ bass days still possible. Not gunna do that ANYWHERE else in Ohio!
    Best 5, on average, would go over 20#'s with no problem

8. Member

Re: Your Opinuon: Where's the best bass fishing in Ohio? (CincyBas)

If you take erie out of it ,cause hands down its the best .Close second tho Clearfork res.

Hookerz Tackle

9. Member

Re: Your Opinuon: Where's the best bass fishing in Ohio? (Skarfer)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by Skarfer &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">I forget where I read it, but a recent report just listed Portage Lakes in the top 5 lakes in Ohio for bass fishing?????

I find that hard to believe, never really had all that much luck there. I mean I catch some all day, but no big lunkers or anything!

When I find/remember where I read/heard that I'll post it too...........</td></tr></table>

i cant hardly go to portage and not catch 10lb bags its loaded with 2 and 3 lb fish its just geting consistent 4 and 5 lb fish that is hard but it can be done and is just about every weekend and wed

10. Member

Re: Your Opinuon: Where's the best bass fishing in Ohio? (tommysorethumb)

Fellow Massillonian..........
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

11. Member

Re: Your Opinuon: Where's the best bass fishing in Ohio? (MasterCASTER!)

yep go tigers

12. Member
    If anyone is still out there, Where in lake Erie? I"m in Toledo and all we get are cats and sheep.......

13. Member
    Anywhere around the islands where you can find pebble rock banks. Not hard to find the bass. Marblehead, Catawba, Kellys, South Bass, Middle Bass, North Bass and Pelee are all good areas.
    Dave

14. Member
    The Ohio river in cincy sucks for bass. You can catch smallies, large mouth, and spots, but Down river in Indiana is better, but I don't go that far anymore. the striper fishing is coming around in cincy.

Roy
    EMAIL: rroach@fuse.net
    CELL: 513-207-2131

I have a lot of used merc 2.5 parts, and offer engine rebuilding, custom builds, and custom prop work.
    Call for details.

Life begins @ 120
    I haven't had anything stock since I wore out the tire on my big wheel!

15. Member
    I'll throw in West Branch again... A very under rated lake, and these nest couple of years are looking very good. The only issue I had this year was low water, but that hit us all.

Has anyone ever put in at Ashtabula? How is the Smallmouth fishing in that area? I'm moving to the Wheeling, WV area and that appears to be the closest shot to
    Lake Erie. I have heard that Presque Isle, area is good but was curious about the Ashtabula area. Also how is Mosquito Lake for bass fishing?
    2009 Skeeter ZX 225
    2009 Yamaha 225 VMAXX

17. Member
    Mosquito is a great bass fishing lake.....I've had more fun on there than just about anywhere. The Ashatbula/Fairport Harbor area is supposed to be awesome for smallies. I can't comment on it personally because the one time we had intended on fishing for smallies out of Fairport....we wound up going out and bagging a limit of tasty yellow perch instead. I've seen pics of the smallies that come out of that eare and they were TOADS!!!!

18. Member
    taking lake erie out of the question. most ohio lakes are good, BUT, you have to know when they shine, to take full advantage..as soon as the ice melts, you cant beat the super hogs at wolf run on a jerk bait (jan-mar) april brings out the big bass at salt fork..may, takes over 16# to win at tappan and portage lakes..june, tappan's still on fire and the many 10hp lakes (mwcd) are hot..july/aug/sept. changes every yr..its a crap shoot to whats on & where..oct./nov., salt fork hogs come back out of hiding for 1 last feeding. you wont catch many, but you can catch a bass over 5# on any cast.

19. Member
    Where do people fish for those 4-5lb bass in Portage? Turkeyfoot, Mud Lake, West or East? I hear there is a wreck on Portage but don't know where it's at. Anyone out there know the finer details about Portage? I was fishing there 2 weeks ago and there was a tournament going and EVERYONE was throwing Alabama rigs and I mean everyone. Is there a spot that usually holds the pre-spawn or spawning bass year after year?
    Daryl

20. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Rocky Fork LM
    (south)Great Miami River SM
    (north)Lake Erie SM

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123