Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member

Re: Your Opinuon: Where's the best bass fishing in Ohio? (dkwas)

I'd have to say North East Ohio in general is better than anywhere else I've fished in the state. There are a lot of good small lakes as well as some big ones also. Ladue, Mogadoe, and Nimisila are awesome electric only lakes. Long and North are awesome no wake lakes. Portage, Mosquito are amazing larger lakes. I also love West Branch, but most don't agree with me.

BUCKEYE-BASSER

SKEETER SX176 YAMAHA 130

2. Member

Re: Your Opinuon: Where's the best bass fishing in Ohio? (buckeye-basser)

Dave I don't think you'll hear much arguement from us from the SW part of the state.

3. Member

Re: Your Opinuon: Where's the best bass fishing in Ohio? (CincyBas)

Just got back from Punderson State Park and Mogadore. Went to Punderson this a.m. and drove my a$$ down to Mogadore this p.m. I got 3 nice ones on Punderson on soft jerk baits from the shore around 8am. I then hooked a nice 3lb'er around 9am on a spinnerbait. I walked around Stump lake which is visible from SR87 and got them by some laydowns (all of them about 15ft from shore). Decided to move to Mogadore and the bridge held a few small ones (SR43) and got a nice 15" bass just off that bridge on a jigg. 1 small northern on a spinnerbait right when I got there but it was fun regardless. Hope everyone is having as much fun as I am. Take ya'll.

Daryl
    Daryl

4. Member

Re: Your Opinuon: Where's the best bass fishing in Ohio? (dkwas)

Good report Daryl.

5. Member

I forget where I read it, but a recent report just listed Portage Lakes in the top 5 lakes in Ohio for bass fishing?????

I find that hard to believe, never really had all that much luck there. I mean I catch some all day, but no big lunkers or anything!

When I find/remember where I read/heard that I'll post it too...........

6. Member

Re: Your Opinuon: Where's the best bass fishing in Ohio? (Skarfer)

Scott if you do find it put a post up if you don't mind. I know I'd be interested in seeing what they think are the best in OH.

7. Member

Will do.........still trying to find that article. I think my dad actually told me about it, so I'll see if he's got it still laying around............

8. Member

Lake Erie is definately the King of Ohio!!! I've had lots of fun on the Portage River fishing for largemouth. Not alot of Big bass, but its fun to catch em all day. One of my favorite inland lakes to fish is Knox Lake, its 10 hp limit or electric motor. But with an 18 inch limit, there's some nice bass there. My club has a paper tourny there every year.

9. Member

Finally remembered where I heard that Portage lakes was in the top 10 (or was it 5) in Ohio...........my buddy told me and he read it from the magazine that comes out every couple of months........the Ohio Outdoors or something.

10. Member

From my little experience...I would have to say Erie. I have heard awesome things about Preqsuisle, but thats in Pennsylvania. I fished up there once a few years back. The water was low, and there was nothing on the water to fish in misery bay, and there was a small craft advisory, so we didint wan't to risk going on to the main lake. After erie, I would have to say West Branch. The lake is absolutley loaded with wood. During the weekends, alot of the wood on the main lake just gets trashed by boat wake, but there are small bays and cuts all over the place, some with some nice weed beds. When I can't find em in the weeds, I can always pound the rocks on the bridges for smalljaws. I have done OK on mosquito. The lake That I fish the most would have to be lake milton. I have done real well there over the last 2 or 3 years. The other question I have for you northeast ohio guys is do any of you fish Shenango over in PA? I love that lake.

That is my experience. I would like to fish some of the other lakes near me. I have heard good things about Portage lakes, Ladue, Salt Fork, and a few others that I probably dont know about. Any of you guys got any reccomendations on lakes to fish in Northeast Ohio?

11. Member

Re: Your Opinuon: Where's the best bass fishing in Ohio? (RedNeckYachtClub)

Nice post Redneck. I'm from the Southern corner not much help on Northern lake experience except for ERIE.

12. Member

Hey Redneck.........

I fish Portage Lakes and Salt Fork all the time. Actually Portage lakes is only about 15min from my house and we have a Camper down at Salt Fork - and I fish this lake almost every weekend from spring till late fall!

Ever need anything or will be in the area - give me a shout! I'll help with whatever I can...........

13. Member

After fishing at least 5 or 6 tournys a year at Portage I can see why it would be rated high. There are always nice bags of fish. A lot of the Wednesday niters last year where bringing in 17# to 20# bags.

BUCKEYE-BASSER

SKEETER SX176 YAMAHA 130

14. Member

.You will not find anything that produces like that down here in the southern waters. Those are some good bags weights

15. Member

you must be using dynomite!!! I've never had that much good luck there to produce those amounts!

HAHA!!!!!!!!

16. Member

Lake Erie first of course, then Rocky Fork as far as "inland" lakes go.

17. Member

I live near Steubenville and when it's hot in the fall the Ohio river beats all! If it was hot all the time I'd probably never fish anywhere else. BUT...there are times when the river is flat out terrible. Last fall from October thru early Dec. the river was fantastic both in numbers and sizes. Other than the river Piedmont lake (10 hp ) is really good. Tappan has come on and I like senecaville. Salt Fork is always hit and miss for me. So I love the spring....go south and the fall....go to Canada. Fish whenever and whenever you can inbetween.

18. Member

Hi red, Ive been planning a trip to Milton soon. Can you give me any advise, spots , or helpful info ? i cannot find a good map of this lake either. bob

19. Member

Re: Your Opinuon: Where's the best bass fishing in Ohio? (PROWLER58)

THE OHIO RIVER

Mark and Ray Feltner \'04 RANGER 521VX YAMAHA VMAX 250hp

Re: Your Opinuon: Where's the best bass fishing in Ohio? (mark and ray feltner)

Ceaser Creek for spots (kentuckys) and Rocky Fork for weight. I dont know why everyone has a hard time fishing Ceaser Creek? Its a good lake with some heavy fish you just have to adapt to the fishing pressure, these fish stay suspended and are not dumb so the average bank beater making sloppy unthought of cast is NOT going to catch those fish. My brother fishes there on Tues nights and has weighed a few limits this year. I fish there on Thursday night (usa bassin) and have caught fish in every tourny.

RUMORS ARE CARRIED BY HATERS , SPREAD BY FOOLS , AND ACCEPTED BY IDIOTS !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast