Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Powell Inferno 610 CB rod.

2. Member
    I'm on the 704cb/684cb as well. I always have a vision 110 tied on to my 704cb. Distance and leverage, 2 things you want from a good jerkbait rod.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crankmaster View Post
    I use the Mike McClelland signature series falcon cara I have used a lot of rods but this one feels the best and cast the bait the best this is the 6'8" but the 6'5" cara split grip would work too it just feels a little short in my hands but I have both
    This is a hard rod to beat !!

I use a Kistler Helium III 7' 0" Light/MH Fast. Had a tournament in Michigan earlier this year and was throwing the Vision 110 pretty much the entire day. It was a really fun bite and caught a ton of fish...didn't lose a single one and the rod tip gave the bait the perfect amount of action.

5. Member
    Dobyns 704cb, loads perfectly and can throw the 110 size and even the smaller pointers really well.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mingo72 View Post
    Any of you try the Abu Garcia Ike rod (6'4") for jerkbaits?
    Yes. It's awesome.

Been using the Megabass Orochi XX Flat Side Special and the Megabass U.S. Destroyer Oneten Special. Love them both.

8. Member
    GLX MBR 842

9. Member
    I'm 6'2" and use my wife's 6'3" rod. I can can put some real hard jerks straight down on the bait and not worry about slapping the water or the side of the boat.

704cb
    Chris Beverly
    2005 Champion 206 Mercury Verado 275!!!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Been using the Megabass Orochi XX Flat Side Special and the Megabass U.S. Destroyer Oneten Special. Love them both.
    I'm trying to decide between these two rods for throwing topwater and jerkbaits. The Flatside Special has the Megabass regular action compared to the Destroyer fast action. How much difference is there between the two rod actions? What type of line and lb. test do you use on each rod? Any other comments on both rods? I tend like a faster action rod for topwater and jerkbaits. Would a braid w/ a leader help on the Flatside Special? The price difference is $115($145Cdn) which does have some factor in my decision>

12. Member
    I have tried many of rods and overall I like the 6'8" Gen1 Cumara reaction series rod in a M or MH depending on the bait.
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

13. Member
    I'm using a Megabass XX jerkbait special and love it. The flatside special gets a lot of love for jerkbaits as well. I bought the Jerkbait special because it was in stock and I'm glad I did. When I'm not throwing a jerkbait, it works great for topwater walk the dog baits too.
    Last edited by Lape0019; 09-03-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joe chum View Post
    I'm trying to decide between these two rods for throwing topwater and jerkbaits. The Flatside Special has the Megabass regular action compared to the Destroyer fast action. How much difference is there between the two rod actions? What type of line and lb. test do you use on each rod? Any other comments on both rods? I tend like a faster action rod for topwater and jerkbaits. Would a braid w/ a leader help on the Flatside Special? The price difference is $115($145Cdn) which does have some factor in my decision>
    I have a Daiwa Tatula SV on each rod with 10lb line. I am a BIG fan of the MB XX line. Love all the models I have including the FSS. If I had never used the OneTen Special then I would not have a clue what I am missing. The US Destroyer OneTen is simply an amazing rod for 110s and PopX etc. Its like an extension of your arm. Absolute pleasure to fish with. The OneTen will keep them buttoned up after they hit. Its crazy the hookup ratio that rod has on everything I throw on it. Between the two its OneTen first but the FSS is no slouch. They do feel different action wise to me and while it is a great 110 rod the OneTen Special is simply better to me for throwing the 110s. Used it today and caught a ton on a 110. Never lost a fish all day on it.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I have a Daiwa Tatula SV on each rod with 10lb line. I am a BIG fan of the MB XX line. Love all the models I have including the FSS. If I had never used the OneTen Special then I would not have a clue what I am missing. The US Destroyer OneTen is simply an amazing rod for 110s and PopX etc. Its like an extension of your arm. Absolute pleasure to fish with. The OneTen will keep them buttoned up after they hit. Its crazy the hookup ratio that rod has on everything I throw on it. Between the two its OneTen first but the FSS is no slouch. They do feel different action wise to me and while it is a great 110 rod the OneTen Special is simply better to me for throwing the 110s. Used it today and caught a ton on a 110. Never lost a fish all day on it.
    Thanks Mark. Great feedback. I'll get in touch with you sometime this winter about one of these two rods. You got me leaning towards the Oneten Special.

16. Banned
    Most important thing you gotta figure out is the length you want a jerkbaits rod to be. I've heard guys preferring 6 ft up to 7' 2. I'm 6 ft 5 and like a 6' 10 rod. You want a soft tip with good backbone. I like the irod gen 2 jerkbait rod 6102c. I'll also use a spinning rod when it's really cold out.

We have the Kelley Jaye Jerkbait rod coming out here in the next couple weeks... Kelley primarily throws a Vision 110 on it. 6'9", Medium+, Fast Action

18. Member
    plus 10 on the dobyns 704 cb

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cidgrad View Post
    We have the Kelley Jaye Jerkbait rod coming out here in the next couple weeks... Kelley primarily throws a Vision 110 on it. 6'9", Medium+, Fast Action
    what's the MSRP ? I'm interested!
    '01 Gambler DE Intimidator
    250 Merc Pro XB

Quote Originally Posted by bigGUNS04 View Post
    what's the MSRP ? I'm interested!
    $249.99 I'll post a link shortly. We still need to add it to the website.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast