Thread: Favorite Rod?

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
  1. Member
    my go to has been my Phenix K2 Torzite 714 MH. Very sensitive and versatile. I am trying out the new Megabass Destroyer Dark Sleeper soon which I expect will give the Phenix a run for its money.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bronzebacks View Post
    I think the zodias is the best rod out at its price point. A lot of people don't like them. Most say they feel to stiff but untill you fish them and see how they bend and handle fish. Very nice rods
    I agree with you on the Zodias especially the longer sizes. I am purchasing my second 7'5" MH. I absolutely love the feel and action for cranking and swim jigs. Its currently my favorite rod just because I love cranking and jigging lol.
    2019 Ranger RT188
    Thomas Martin

3. Member
    Original Daiwa Tatula medium heavy 6' 10". Great rod for the money. I wish I'd gotten around a dozen in various sizes and configurations while they were available. The new cork handle ones are nice too, but run about $50 more.

4. Member
    All these high end rods are nice, but for movin baits they're just not worth it(I got some high end rods, too). My #1 favorite rod is a $100 rod, the Falcon BuCoo.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

5. Member
    Here over the summer I bought my first 2 Cashion rods. I got 1 spinning and 1 casting in the CRT series and I love these rods. I have a Cashion elite cranking rod on the way and I have no doubt that I will love that one also. If I had the money I would start to replace more of the rods I use with more Cashions. I say Cashion all the way.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

6. Member
    BCR & Finesse = Loomis
    All Purpose = Megabass
    Coverage for all techniques and price ranges = St Croix
    Balance = Dobyns
    Value = ALX

7. Member
    Douglas Outdoors rods are hidden gems.

8. Member
    If I had to choose, it'd be the 610M Expride. Just a fun rod to use for me overall.

9. Member
    I have (In the process of selling most of them due to warranty issues, sourcing, etc.) several Megabass rods that are truly special IMHO. The Gen 1 XX EMTF does so many things well, the USDM Destroyer FMJ is a great 1/4-3/8 T-Rig rod around grass and wood and the Black Jungle Deep Crank Slow Roll rods are excellent for chatterbaits.

In the past year I purchased a Tatula spinning rod and for the price it may be the best value rod I've ever had.

I just bought a ALX ENOX LSB and I have a feeling its going to make this list soon.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reelman View Post
    Club guy since 1980...started off with $30 Berkley Lightning Rods 5 ft 6 and 6 ft for worming....then rod makers sort of exploded...

Was on Team Kistler about 6 years...then couple of them formed Impulse rods so have been with Team Impulse 7 years now...
    got a couple other brands due to huge discounts as Trophy Catcher in Florida (5 of about 15 rods) just out of curiosity because you MUST MUST fish your style with any rod a couple days

... there is NO WAY to know some things in fishing w/o borrowing a rod or reel or buying one to see for yourself...
    had heard about Loomis till I could not stand it...bought one about 2007 and the very 1st cast it broke...on Red River...jig in 19 feet of water...set hook and it popped...sent it back and sold the replacement...you do not get 2 chances at that price IMHO...some swear by them which is fine.

I always say "YOUR $ your choice" for everything in the bass world from boats to rods...
    when you meet the guy who has fished with 10 different rods or reels, let us know...he must be 89 years old...LOL

Will be 74 in less than 3 weeks. Rods I have fished (casting except where noted): Abu Villain (both), ALX Toadface, Berkley Lightning (both), Dobyns 704CB Glass, Hammer, Daiwa Tatula & V.I.P Smallmouth, Shimano Cumara & Compre, Quantum Tour Edition, Cabela's Prodigy (both, but took spinning rod back), Hurricane Redbone, Fenwick HMG & ET Smallmouth, Field & Stream, Falcon Original & Expert (OG), Airrus Ultra XL, Okuma Helios, Olympic GraphiteLeader, Diablo Spec R, Major Craft Benkei, Powell Endurance, St. Croix Mojo, BPS Crankin Stick, Rainshadow RX7.

Yet to fish my Ark Sniper and Tharp, Witch Doctor Shaman, Kistler, Phenix Recon2 & X10, iRod Genesis II, 13 Envy Black, Fantasista Regista, ALX Deputy & Dream, Zillion, Lew's Custom Pro, Falcon Expert (new), and Daiwa Fuego (spinning, old).

Reels fished (casting except where noted): Abu Revo & Ambassadeur, BPS, Daiwa (several models in both), Pflueger Trion & Patriarch XT, Lew's, Shimano, Pinnacle Primmus, Cabela's Prodigy, Okuma Helios & Helios Air, Penn (spinning), Concept A, Penn (spinning) and President XT (spinning).

Yet to fish my Quantums, Lew's Tournament Pro LFS & SuperDuty GX3, Helios SX, Pflueger Patriarch & Supreme XT, Bantam MGL, SLX MGL & Scorpion MGL, Procyon 2000 (spinning), 16 EM MS 2508PE-H (spinning).

I must admit that many (rods) have seen limited use and thus I don't have a good handle on their true performance potential.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223