Thread: Favorite Reel?

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Member

Re: Favorite reel? (sdfd504)

Curado 201s followed by my Calcutta 251s

Years ago I had major issues with Shimano. They have made a better product, so now I use Curado's and the cheap Daiwa's. Both are fine- just wish they were American made !

3. Member
    i have an arsenal of the old bantam 100sg's ,1000sg's and 10x sg's.also have a couple of the shimano made lews speed spools. ya cant kill these old reels!

4. Member

Shimano Curado 200BSF

1997 Triton TR-18
    Millbrook, AL
    150 Johnson

5. Member

Re: (Schulze)

I agree with Schulze. I have been a diehard Curado user for years...until this year. I just bought a BPS Extreme ($50 on sale) and I was blown away. We'll see if it stands the test of time and abuse the Curados have endured.

6. Member

The Curado's are very good. Got mine off E-bay. The "extreme reel" mentioned in these posts is every bit as good as the Curado when new. I have 2 Extremes and 5-6 Curado's. When new they are "neck and neck" - (the extreme thumbar is supported on both ends )but only time will on their dependability.. I can get a Curado for about 65.00 on E-bay and $40-45 for the Extreme ---all in very good shape. If the extreme will hold up in the long haul - it will be one of the best "bargins" to come along in a long time. A reel that is smooth, dependable and cheap is hard to find.

Re: Favorite reel? (jdb21867)

I've got 4 of the bps extremes and used them for 2 years now so far no problems. I even use them for steelhead in our river. I've caught plenty of 10 to 15lb steelhead and they've done the job. The drag works great. Just my 2 cents worth

8. Member

I run all Daiwa, I prefer the TDX super tuned for most applications but use a Millionaire for worming. Also use the X and Advantage rods.

Modified by fishingmike at 2:31 PM 11/22/2004

9. Member

Re: Favorite reel? (fishingmike)

Hey Mike you need to try the new Daiwa Fuego. The TDX super tuned used to be my favorite reel but the Fuego is so much better in my opinion

Modified by sdfd504 at 9:26 PM 9/24/2005

10. Member

I have 10 Curados. 2 are 100B's, 1 is a 5.2:1 speed for cranking & the rest are high-speed 200B's for everything else.

Marty

11. Member

I'm a diehard Shimano guy and have lot's of Curados and japanese Scorpions. My favorite has to be the regular old Chronarch. Nice and light at under 8 ounces, baby butt smooth, with the guts to wrassle them out of the thick stuff! Once I get that thing dialed in I can skip a jig under a dock, a recipe for a mega backlash with the new "super free" reels.

12. Member

Re: Favorite reel? (wristpin1)

i like my pinnacle lucille!! real,real smooth, wiffle spool, cast awesome. little on hte heavy side, but oh well!!

13. Member

Re: Favorite reel? (fisherboy)

I used to only use Shimano reels. This past year I picked up a Pflueger Trion just to try something different. About two months ago I needed to replace an older Shimano Bantam Mag I had and bought another Pflueger Trion. I really like this reel. If these reels last as long as the Shimano's I will stick with Pflueger.

Re: Favorite reel? (GamblerFl)

I have several Chronarchs and Curado's and they are very good reels. No major malfunctions with them and they just keep on truckin'. But, I recently bought one of the Ardent XS reels, and I'm here to tell you, they are unbelievable. They're extremely smooth and free spinning without having the penchant for backlash like my SF's do. They are, in my opinion, better reels than my SF's are. I can pitch a 4" tube for a country mile with very little weight. I tested both reels with the same bait and line on the same rod and the Ardent was the best. I know they are kinda pricey...but I think they're worth it. And, they're made entirely here at home in the U.S.A. That's nice too.

15. Member

Re: Favorite reel? (Skeeter Madness)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Skeeter Madness &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a Calais CL100A and it's the finest reel I've ever used--bar none!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>
    Kind of hard to use anything else after using one of them, huh?

16. Member
    Receive a Calcutta Conquest 200 as a gift from my brother last year,end up I sold all my other reels and bought 5 more conquest...Hope Shimano Wont come up anything like magnesium Conquest or I'll go bankrupt.

17. Member

Re: (bassbass)

shimano curado 201......lefty......

Re: (blair)

i have always used garcia 4600c and 5500c and never any problems.

19. Member

Original Chronarch. Only weighs 7.9 Ounces, reliable, great casting with smooth and tough gears. I think Shimano made a mistake replacing this reel with that new 270 dollar 9 ounce tank.

Plus their new magnesium reels don't come in a lefty version. Come on Shimano, you're losing me after twenty years ........

20. Member

Re: Favorite reel? (Triton Marty)

Shimano Curado or Castaic.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast