Thread: Megabass Vision

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Megabass Vision

What has your experience with the Megabass hooks been? I'm curious about the barb pointing out.

Also these baits lean nose down. I've always been under the impression that is not the best. I guess this doesn't affect the catch rate?

2. Member

Re: Megabass Vision (Needemp)

Also, is there any significant differance in those made for USA and those for Japan?

3. Member

the hooks are great on fish and even better on fingers. I have got one caught in my finger and it wouldnt come out. As for the american one to the older ones from japan only thing I personally have noticed is if you have a GG color with straight eyes the color stays on alot better then the down eye GG new ones. It not that the new finish isnt as strong its just that the old GG color catches hundreds of fish without showing it. Great baits no matter down eye straight eye do yourself a favor and buy a couple.

4. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar

Re: Megabass Vision (pacman5584)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by pacman5584 &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">the hooks are great on fish and even better on fingers. I have got one caught in my finger and it wouldnt come out. As for the american one to the older ones from japan only thing I personally have noticed is if you have a GG color with straight eyes the color stays on alot better then the down eye GG new ones. It not that the new finish isnt as strong its just that the old GG color catches hundreds of fish without showing it. Great baits no matter down eye straight eye do yourself a favor and buy a couple.</td></tr></table>
    Don't know what else I could add to that..
    They are awesome jerkbaits!
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

Re: Megabass Vision (cmclairday2)

I prefer a jerkbait that rests "nose down".
    While it's at rest, after you've smoked a cigarette, you "can" lift the baits nose, without moving the lure forward. Quite often, this is when the bait will be inhaled. Which makes one wonder...How long was that bass sitting there looking at the lure?

And the GG is code lettering for the type of finish the lure has.

GP =Guanium Phantom Finish - Imitates fish scale reflection without color
    M =Matte - Non-glossy finish that won’t loose color intensity by reflecting light
    IL =Illusion - Can be seen differently depending on the angle of the light
    GG =Guanium Ghost Finish - Imitates reflection of fish scales

Hard Case lures have no barbs on center treble.
    Soft Cast lures have barbs on all three trebles.

HT: Has sort of a Prizm looking finish (looking at a down eye version)
    MG: Doesn't have the Prizm looking finish (looking at a straight eye version)

Saltwater 110's have square bills and silver finish hooks.
    Freshwater 110's have round bills and black finish hooks.

SOME/FEW exceptions exist. And are very valuable.
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

6. Banned

Re: Megabass Vision (SkeeterDD22)

That's good info Dano.....

7. Moderator

Re: Megabass Vision (Sneezy Beltran)

Also, Remeber most of these baits are slow floaters and require some weight. I use Supend Dots or a partial strip and wrap them around the back hook's shank..If it needs 2 dots I wrap the second around the middle hook. BTW, they stay on WAY better than trying to stick them to the belly. Levels them out a little. Nose down is good but some them are extreme.
    Steve

8. Member

Re: Megabass Vision (steve1206)

Thanks for all the help guys. Hey Steve1206, do you think putting a bigger hook would work as the suspending strips?

9. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar

Really wouldn't mess with the hooks. If you want a Jerkbait that will truely suspend, you may want to look at going to an Ima Flit over a Megabass. They IMO are better in cold water anyhow, when you need a less aggressive action.
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

10. Moderator

Re: Megabass Vision (cmclairday2)

I wouldn't touch the hooks...In fact, it is a good idea to have some extras on hand. Every bait is a little different. Some take very little lead to suspend, some take a little more. I err on the side of actually make them sink VERY slowly, if my other choice is floaring slowly....
    Steve

OK with my Christmas cards I plan on buying 3 Vision 110s. I was thinking TableRock Special, MMS (sexy shad) and something else. Any recommondations on colors?

12. Moderator

Re: Megabass Vision (Bigtim68)

I like these 3 categories of colors...

1. Sunny, clear (Pro blue/skeleton tennessee, etc.)
    2. Cloudy, stained (Something in a matte finish--Ito Natural, French Pearl, etc.)
    3. Shad (MG Shad, Tenn. Shad, etc.)

Those 2 you picked cover categories 2 & 3. If you are going to fish any really clear water, I would look at skeleton tennessee or pro blue....
    Steve

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by Needemp &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Thanks for all the help guys. Hey Steve1206, do you think putting a bigger hook would work as the suspending strips?</td></tr></table>

A little different take on the hooks...

I change the hooks out on my Visions to #6 Owner stinger trebles. The spotted bass in my home lake straighten out the stock hooks. Red on the front belly and black nickel elsewhere

OK just got mine. Took Steve's advice (thank you) got My Table Rock, MSS (sexy shad) & Pro Blue 2. Cant wait to try em out!

15. Member

If you don't get deadly black your insane

16. Member
    I love the knowledge being dropped in this forum I had to secretly look at my buddies baits to even figure out what he was using. In here people are letting you know what took me years to figure out the suspend dot behind the first treble hook is a great tip. I saw i think stacey king on a bass pro shop show using a megabass so I paused it and saw a grey thing thats how I found out about the suspend dot. My favorite color's easily are gg kinkuro gold,wakasagi anytype,RB-SHAD. You really can not go wrong and just try and pick up little tips along the way. I started using a crankbait rod and my getting the smallies in the boat went wayyy up because I was not putting to much pressure on them.

Re: Megabass Vision (medicpelle)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by medicpelle &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">If you don't get deadly black your insane </td></tr></table>

Where were you when I was lookin for suggestions?
    I did look really hard at the deadly black and a couple others, but since I only had the cash for 3, I think I chose wisely for my water conditions.

18. I'm your Huckleberry Chuck D's Avatar

Well let's hear it, now that you got you 3 of them, are they worth the money? How you liking them??

Chuck D
    2300 Pathfinder HPS / 250 SHO

19. Member

Re: Megabass Vision (lknbassman)

Hey, if you don't like them I wouldn't mind taking them off your hands one bit

20. Member
    If you guys get a chance to get your hands on a YMC color i would suggest doing it it may seem odd but it is killer. You cant tell how sharp looking it is untill you get it in hand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast