Thread: Colors pt2

Colors pt2

I didn't want to hijack the other color topic so I started a separate one... BTW I want to say that I think the guys on this website really know what they are talking about. I go to some other bass sites and they do not compare with the wisdom that the guys on this forum has. I can tell there is a lot of wisdom here...

I have been fishing hard-core for bass for about 5 years now. I only fish what I consider to be high percentage areas. I routinely catch more keepers than shorts. Therefore, I am usually targeting a more educated fish. But I do struggle at times just like others. I said that to establish I am not a bank beater. So my question is how come color has not really come into play for me with jigs, spinnerbaits, crankbaits, plastics, etc? I have had action, size, cadence and speed come into play, but I have not had color very much. I tweak according to conditions or hunches. But I can not remember having a time when I switched to another color and it paid off. I have even had times where I switched baits and colors and continued having success. So what am I missing here?

Modified by Needemp at 3:50 PM 12/31/2009

Re: Colors pt2 (Needemp)

I am guessing that you are fishing deep. What I have gathered is depending on water clarity the less light you have. As the colors start to leave the color prism the fish are not reacting to color but more on vibration or action of the bait. That my opinion
    A Gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it.