Polarized Glasses

Guys what do yaw think the best colored lenses is for fishing all around? Has anyone tried the WileyX brand yet?

Re: Polarized Glasses (Bpstratos)

It's really difficult to pick out one lens color for fishing. I actually just had my newest pair of sunglasses shipped to me today. I have one pair of dark lensed glasses for fishing under bright sunny skies, and the ones I just got are a lighter, amber colored lens for fishing during low light conditions and for sight fishing in shallow water. I wear bolle sunglasses as they sponsor my collegiate team.

3. Member

Re: Polarized Glasses (bjf_ksu)

I have 2 pair of bolle. Both lens color amber and charcoal. Charcoal ones, the lens keep poping out when I clean them?

4. Banned

If you can only have one color I'd go for Copper, works well in both bright and low light conditions. When I hit the lottery I'm going to check out a pair of Costa Del Mars in Silver mirrors(copper Base) if I can get them in perscription.

5. Member

Re: Polarized Glasses (20_lb_sack)

Try costas Vermillion(kinda copper/rose/amber) works every where even in tanic water and clear water its unreal how far you can see. Seems to have better contrast, depth, detailed look when sight fishing.

Anything but gray. Amber based or copper is your best bet.

Re: Polarized Glasses (Klinger N Ok)

Wiley - X and Solar Bats are both excellent glasses in that price range. I have both and they compare to the Maui Jims and Costas I have had in the past.
    Wiley's make some nice Climate Control glasses with a removable thin gasket that keeps air out of your eyes while making high speed runs in a boat or on a bike.

http://www.wileyx.com/EcommSui...e=554

8. Member

Re: Polarized Glasses (BASSCAT7)

Go get some Oakley glassed with the shallow blue polarized lenses they work real good in clear water situations!!

I just picked up a pair of Costa Del Mar's Silver Mirror glasses(Copper Tint). I read something that said you could have on at blast off yet still work well at the end of the day, and I would love to have glasses like this.

I like them, but the jury is still out for me. They do work great in low light. Things are a little bright in full sun, but not too bright because I am not squinting. However I want to test them on the water today to see how they work before giving them my thumbs up. All indications are they will be great sun glasses.
    be great sun glasses.

10. Member

I've been using Maui Jim amber tinted lenses for a number of years now. They work well in clear and stained water, full sun to low light conditions.

Good Luck

Like2Fish

11. Member

I bought some green mirror Costa's,I read green mirror for fresh ,blue mirror for deep sea.....580 glass is nice,they are a copper/amber lens