Thread: Sight fishing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sight fishing?

Ok, Another thread on here made me think of sight fishing, its a pretty popular tech. now. It was mentioned about pollen on the water causin problems seeing fish,

I remembered seeing in the SML Elite photo gallery a pro using a supersoaker w/ water and I think a little detergent? to disperse the pollen.

Has anyone tried this? how well does it work?

What other type of tips/ideas for sight fishing, or fishing now, during the spawn.

I'm sure Darrel Has a whole notebook of sightfishing tips..from the best in the buisness

Andy Lavin
    Director:
    Fishers of Men Virginia East Team Division
    2007 BassCat Puma/'07 250 ProXs

Re: Sight fishing? (stratos976)

Actually, I did see them use the dish soap. That pollen was thick and the soap worked great to clear a pretty big hole. Never saw the supersoaker...just some small squirt guns.

I know KVD talked about his glasses and all the different lenses he used, but everyone I saw had on a pair of Costas and I never saw a lense change....then again, he did win...

Here's a tip I learned that I never knew: If a female is on the bed and a male is "nudging" her, neither of them will bite at anything. The males come up and bump the females to try and coax them into laying the eggs...from a sight fishing view, you'll see a large female that looks like she's turning on her side every few seconds. I watched the pros just pass them by...Kevin Wirth told me "you'll be wasting your time if you try to catch them when they're nudging."

3. Member

Re: Sight fishing? (Big Johnson)

Not 100% true but close. I call it the trans, if the females come out of the trans it is very possible to catch her, if not the male may get pissed because you are messing up his chance of getting lucky. Oh yeah a lil dawn(few drops) will work wonders on the pollen. Don't use to much or it will bubble up on the surface.

4. Member

Re: Sight fishing? (mcherry)

heres a pic of the squirt gun. pretty cool

5. Member

Re: Sight fishing? (mfunk)

slick

Re: Sight fishing? (breadslinger23)

Yep, the Dawn will work every time.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mcherry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not 100% true but close. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You should have come up and given them some lessons!

8. Member

Re: Sight fishing? (Big Johnson)

I'll accept that challenge anytime. I might suck the rest of the year, but march-June 31 is my time on the lakes(not the rivers). Bed fishing is like hunting a big buck EXCITING

Re: Sight fishing? (mfunk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mfunk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">heres a pic of the squirt gun. pretty cool </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok I saw that an I actually have a problem with it! Heres why, we preach and preach to our youth to take care of the environment, so that others can enjoy it, not dumping chemicals in the water to keep it clean, and here we are showing a very bad example by putting some chemicals in the water just to catch a fish. Very Bad example of taking care of our resources if you ask me! An whether is just a little or not, if everyone is doing it because they see a pro do it, it will add up in the water!

Not to smart of BASS to post that picture, I'm sure an enviromentalist in DC will see this and have a hey day!! Dumb, very dumb!

10. Member

Re: Sight fishing? (Gunny)

Gunny, I'm sorry but you must wash your dishes with plain water
    2nd of all Dawn contains biodegradable anionic surfactants and enzymes. Contains no phosphate. I guess you don't get any oil from that XR-6(two stroke smoker) and I guess you don't use any attractants on your jigs/worms, or you never have threw a worm or senko overboard. Come on no body is promoting polluting, so don't go there. We can go on and on about this. It is not hurting anything or any water you fish on. The Potomac looked like sh$t when I stayed there in 92-93 and now I see guys fishing that same water that had tons of trash in it.

11. Member

Gunny is just upset because they were not spraying bass boat saver on them....

12. Javelin 20DC Renegade javelin225H.O.'s Avatar

Re: Sight fishing? (imn2bassn)

There was a saltwater show on sunday am showing the host using some fish attractions doing the same thing. Squirted alittle bit in the water and it looked like glass. It was alittle choppy out there and in the slick the water was calm. Can't remember what it was called, but it was interesting.
    []
    Javelin Renegade 20 DC
    Johnson 225 H.O.

13. Member
    They shouldn’t be allowed to spray anything into the water

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by theredman View Post
    They shouldn’t be allowed to spray anything into the water
    Ditto

15. Member
    well this is a blast from the past lol

16. Member
    Spraying a biodegradable soap or fish attractant is bad,but standing on the boat and pissing the toxins that’s in your body into the lake is good?!Go figure ��

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightymite47 View Post
    Spraying a biodegradable soap or fish attractant is bad,but standing on the boat and pissing the toxins that’s in your body into the lake is good?!Go figure ��
    I just hold it for 10 hours.

18. Member
    Good thing you don’t drink coffee ☕️ ����

19. Member
    Denny, I know better than that....haha
    i'm in my 50's. I can't hold it like I used to and when it's time, I can no longer expel it as fast..

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    Denny, I know better than that....haha
    i'm in my 50's. I can't hold it like I used to and when it's time, I can no longer expel it as fast..
    You got me on that one. Wait until you get to be my age, it only gets better!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast