An 86 year old friend was telling me about them.

I had never heard of them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucker_48

Had you ever heard of them?

2. Member
    There was a movie about them. I think maybe Jeff Bridges played the guy that started the company?

3. Member
    Tucker: The Man and His Dream is a 1988 American biographical comedy-drama film directed by Francis Ford Coppola, starring Jeff Bridges as inventor Preston Tucker. The film recounts Tucker's story and his attempt to produce and market the Tucker 48, which was met with scandal between the Big Three automobile manufacturers and accusations of
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    I repaired the Carb and fuel system on one from the sludge and rust problem's. Very common problem with older classic's and very expensive.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffprocraft190 View Post
    There was a movie about them. I think maybe Jeff Bridges played the guy that started the company?
    This.

Good movie and good car that was ahead of it's time. Run out of business by the Big Three.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

The Tucker was a dandy. Watched the movie when it came out. Things like that wasn’t going to be tolerated in those days.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Seat belts, steering front headlight, intermittent wipers he invented several things in modern vehicles. Not sure on all the inventions he brought to the industry but he was quite the whippersnapper. Not sure on the wipers. I watched that movie years ago. It's worth watching again.

Gives a new perspective on scandles that have happened throughout the ages because of money/greed. Think Nicola Tesla, Stanley Meyer the guy that invented the car that ran on water etc.
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

9. Member
    Perfect car for messing around with your girlfriend in the front seat.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffprocraft190 View Post
    I had never saw the movie that I remembered, so I searched YouTube and watched it.