Megabas Orochi Rods

Are these rods fragile?
    Thanks

2. Member
    Safe to say all high modulus graphite rods are fragile.

I don't think they are fragile and don't see a high rate of breakage on any of the Orochi series.

4. Member
    The swingfires snap like a twig. Went through three of them.

the rest of the orochii line is great.

5. Member
    I would recommend an Orochi EMTF as a first Megabass rod. The most versatile rod I have.
    Last edited by BASSBUZZ; 04-24-2024 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Apelling

6. Member
    Funny you say i just snapped my brallist but it was such an amazing rod im getting another.

7. Member
    I don't know much about the rod but if I wanted to know about it, I'd find a dealer and ask about returns. Unless you work in the warranty dept, of any manufacturer or maybe a Customer service rep you won't get a better answer than a dealer can provide. This information is not readily available because no manufacturer wants to shade their own product. Try calling Mega Bass and ask. They might help you. Speak directly to Mega Bass.

capt1fish is correct in his assessment. high modulus graphite is more likely to break. It's a trade off. Sensitivity vs durability .
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid---Ben Franklin

8. Member
    I have several of these rods. Couple I bought off Mark Perry. Only higher end rods I haven’t snapped. Only issues I have are self induced trying get baits undone but I just have the eyes redone by my local guy

9. Member
    Keep your receipt, I rarely break rods; but I managed to break the perfect pitch on a 3lb bass. Stupidly, I threw away the receipt, thinking I’d never need the warranty. Well, you have to have it to get into the online warranty process, you are dead in the water without it. Lesson learned, the expensive way.

Quote Originally Posted by Whopperstopper View Post
    I don't know much about the rod but if I wanted to know about it, I'd find a dealer and ask about returns. Unless you work in the warranty dept, of any manufacturer or maybe a Customer service rep you won't get a better answer than a dealer can provide. This information is not readily available because no manufacturer wants to shade their own product. Try calling Mega Bass and ask. They might help you. Speak directly to Mega Bass.

capt1fish is correct in his assessment. high modulus graphite is more likely to break. It's a trade off. Sensitivity vs durability .

We pretty much dont do over the counter rod warranty exchanges at Megabass dealers but your advice is still spot on as the dealers still hear about broken rods. I think in 4-5 years I might have had dealers I call on contact me about 3 total broken Orochi XX rods. Usually it's just to walk the customer through the warranty process. It's a pretty easy process but sometimes someone needs a little help and it's part of what I do as well so I'm glad to help if needed

Asking a dealer is great advice though. One thing I do know is that if a Megabass rod or product has an issue we for sure want to know about it. The way the Levante recall was handled was hopefully proof that standing behind our products and being transparent about it is not an issue at all. We communicate internally between the different departments pretty regularly and do our best to stay on top of any possible issues. If we were seeing a high rate or even an increase in breakage of a particular model or series it would be something we were made aware of and efforts made to discover possible cause.

Anyone is always welcome to shoot me an IM here if they have a Megabass question . I work with Megabass directly. If I don't know the answer I for sure will find out the answer or get someone in contact with you that does.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 04-25-2024 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    Keep your receipt, I rarely break rods; but I managed to break the perfect pitch on a 3lb bass. Stupidly, I threw away the receipt, thinking I’d never need the warranty. Well, you have to have it to get into the online warranty process, you are dead in the water without it. Lesson learned, the expensive way.
    That's a tough one for sure. One of the services we offer at The Tackle Trap is a direct line with Megabass should a warranty issue arise on a rod purchase made through the shop. We keep a copy of the receipt and can verify your Megabass rod purchase directly to expedite any warranty claims. TT has been doing this as long as we've been a Megabass rod dealer, which is quite some time now!

The Tackle Trap sells select high end brands, Megabass being one. We pay attention to rod issues when they come up and get feedback from our customers regularly. The current Orochi XX rods haven't been prone to breaking any more than similar rods at similar price points.

12. Member
    I’m a massive megabass fan…but in my personal experience, their rods have been more fragile than other brands in the same price range. Could be totally andecdotal, but that’s just my personal observation after seeing 5 of them snap over the course of the last 5 years.

ill add, I haven’t seen a single other rod break except MB
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

13. Legend Boats Moderator
    I have several of them. The EMTF a very versatile rod. I did snap a Braillist on a hookset. TT helped with the warranty case on it. I've been pleased with them.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    That's a tough one for sure. One of the services we offer at The Tackle Trap is a direct line with Megabass should a warranty issue arise on a rod purchase made through the shop. We keep a copy of the receipt and can verify your Megabass rod purchase directly to expedite any warranty claims. TT has been doing this as long as we've been a Megabass rod dealer, which is quite some time now!

The Tackle Trap sells select high end brands, Megabass being one. We pay attention to rod issues when they come up and get feedback from our customers regularly. The current Orochi XX rods haven't been prone to breaking any more than similar rods at similar price points.

The place I bought it from online went under, Tackle Supply Depot or something like that. Mark tried to help back then, as he did now, but it’s a learning lesson. Buy from a reputable online (or keep the receipt).

Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post
    I’m a massive megabass fan…but in my personal experience, their rods have been more fragile than other brands in the same price range. Could be totally andecdotal, but that’s just my personal observation after seeing 5 of them snap over the course of the last 5 years.

ill add, I haven’t seen a single other rod break except MB
    I'm genuinely curious how you broke 5 rods, regardless of brand or price point, that's a crazy number. Did they break while fighting/playing a fish, swinging them into the boat or what?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    I'm genuinely curious how you broke 5 rods, regardless of brand or price point, that's a crazy number. Did they break while fighting/playing a fish, swinging them into the boat or what?
    My mechanic does 5-10 a year it seems. He’s not even hard on stuff. I still don’t get how he does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post

I can verify this! top notch service, The Tackle Trap assisted me with a warranty!

18. Member
    You should ask Randy B. He had a video recently about whether it's worth it to buy a quality spinning rod. Thought it was going to be a discussion but it was just a sales pitch and every other sentence was, "Like this Megabass...."

"It should have an ergonomic grip, like this MB."

"It needs to have high quality components, like this MB."

"The handle has to be the right length, like this MB."
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme