New Lowarnce HDS10 unit...having issues...

I bought one of the new model HDS10 units last year to replace my older Elite 9TI. There was a software update available so I went ahead and did that through the unit's wifi.

First issue...I attached my Point 1 gps the same as my last unit and now it won't recognize it and doesn't show up in my device list. I ran diagnostics on the NMEA 2000 system and at one point it shows the bus gaining power but then it shows a bunch of errors? Not sure if the connections may be bad, the puck is bad or the update screwed something up.

Second issue...this unit has C-Map and I've never used it before. In the settings you can connect to C-Map online, but when I try to through wifi it does a load up as you see a loading bar and then it goes to a blank screen and nothing happens

Third issue...I was able add this unit to the Lowrance app to use over my phone, but when I go to connect to the unit in the app it doesn't want to connect...just throws up an error.

This thing has way more bells and whistles than my last unit and scratching my head a bit on it. Point 1 is the most important item to resolve at this point.

Any good resource to walk through how to set up everything?

I guess nobody knows what I'm talking about??? lol

I was able to get the Point 1 to work...did a hard reset which didn't fix it, but switched the NEMA 2000 cabling between the puck and unit and that worked.

Still have no idea how to connect the unit to my phone...and it looks like the C-Maps are already integrated into my unit so no real need to connect to C-Map online.

Anyone been successful with using the app and mirroring the image on your unit to your phone/tablet?

3. Member
    Might have had issues from wifi. I upload from a card.

Doing update by wifi cause all kind of problems. Download from pc to a card and perform the update. This is a start then check if problems are still there.

5. Member
    With no Point 1 on the device list you have a NMEA backbone problem. You have a bad connection or a defective Tee or cables somewhere. The first place to start is make sure you have power to the NMEA power node many guys have gotten blow fuse for that device check that, than start with ea item on the backbone and take it apart and put it back together. Take your time make sure not bent or broken pines on the connectors. Have you checked the device list on all your units sometimes the issue stops in one place while it works in others. That can give you a clue as to where the bad part is. For get the BS downloads everyone tha usese this has some kind of issues and use the sd card download to your units by the card. Best way least issues just the facts not dogging on Tech. Did you install your NMEA? if so can you diagram how is layed out and terminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    With no Point 1 on the device list you have a NMEA backbone problem. You have a bad connection or a defective Tee or cables somewhere. The first place to start is make sure you have power to the NMEA power node many guys have gotten blow fuse for that device check that, than start with ea item on the backbone and take it apart and put it back together. Take your time make sure not bent or broken pines on the connectors. Have you checked the device list on all your units sometimes the issue stops in one place while it works in others. That can give you a clue as to where the bad part is. For get the BS downloads everyone tha usese this has some kind of issues and use the sd card download to your units by the card. Best way least issues just the facts not dogging on Tech. Did you install your NMEA? if so can you diagram how is layed out and terminated.
    Appreciate the response...but I got it figured out. New NMEA 2000 kit fixed the issue....so something must have been messed up with my original cables that worked on my Elite 9TI.

Quote Originally Posted by wallyandre View Post
    Doing update by wifi cause all kind of problems. Download from pc to a card and perform the update. This is a start then check if problems are still there.
    Good point, I'll make sure I do that in the future!