Optimax VST Parts

Looking for the best place to order online parts for a VST. I plan on cleaning mine and my mechanic said I might as well replace the screen (under the HP fuel pump I believe) and the internal fuel pumps while open. Or is it better to just send it off somewhere for a cleaning and rebuild? Anything else I should be thinking about? Thanks in advance!

2007 Optimax 225 HP about 170 hours
    1B389396
    Last edited by JFK67; 04-24-2024 at 08:09 AM.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moving your post to the 3L Forum- be sure to update with the Engine Serial Number as it's required.

What screen and which fuel pump did the "mechanic" tell you to replace? Probably better off if that's what you were told....

When you narrow down what you actually need (probably a sleeve and perhaps a needle), plus a few clamps, see Rhonda's post, pinned at the top of the 3L Forum. She can set you up with whatever you need.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thank you!