Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

unknown Bass Boat

Hello, Can anyone ID this boat? it's 16'8" x 80" under the white paint at the rear of the top cap it says Raider, I have searched all over and can't find another boat quite the same... notice the built in setback in the transom, The pad is 8.5' and flat, I think the motor is from the early 90's has fast track TNT and bubble back exhaust, carbs ID as 90hp
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    picture 2

3. Member
    1988 Raider Boat

4. Member
    The hull stripe looks like Javelin??????

5. Member
    Yep....Raider Boat, 1988, made in Florida.

6. Member
    Yes, probably some small company that made a few boats and called it quits... Maybe the manufacturer was Raider or the model who knows... Whatever it is I think it's going to be fast when I'm done with it! Good looking hull design lots of lifting strakes and a flat pad, it's getting gutted and rebuilt much lighter than before...

7. Member
    Interesting. Keep us posted with the build and some results.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

8. Member
    Looks like an old Javelin and would really like to see the pics along the way to making it new!

9. Member
    From the first 3 letters of the Hull ID it looks like Raider Boats Inc out of Bono Arkansas.

10. Member
    Looks like a fun project, I almost picked up a Ray Craft that size a couple of years ago but ended up getting a tin 1650 and building a river boat.

11. Member
    In 1988 (for one year only) a company in Malvern, AR made Questar boats. Three models with the two larger boats identical to Skeeter Starfires. I bought a 160V 16'8" long. I never figured out what boat the mold was splashed from as it had the set back transom. Certainly not a Skeeter. had some similarities to a Bass Cat Margay of that time, but a little different. the Questar is really close to the OP's pic. I fished out of it for 28 years, sold it to a buddy who just sold it. It was really a good boat with top notch accessories.
    Boat weighed 850lbs and was rated for 130HP. I originally hung a 1977 Merc 115 on it and later put the 90 Yamaha seen in pic.

Access the 8 records on this 1988 RAIDER BOATS INC* and buy with confidence.

Manufacturer
    RAIDER BOATS INC*
    Identifier
    RKZ00122D888
    Model Year
    Serial No
    Registered States
    Florida
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    Access the 8 records on this 1988 RAIDER BOATS INC* and buy with confidence.

Manufacturer
    RAIDER BOATS INC*
    Identifier
    RKZ00122D888
    Model Year
    Serial No
    Registered States
    Florida
    Came off the line April of 1988

14. Member
    Thanks everyone for the responses! lots of good info... I have redone several old bass boats over the years, As I have gotten older I'm less into fishing and more into going fast on a poor mans budget, I will try to post some pictures a few boats I have redone but I'm having problems operating this site on my cell phone, I can tell you this... if get the weight out of these boats most of them will really run! This one I'm working on now was lets say 800 lbs to start with I would guess its about 400lbs right now after removing all the decks, live wells, floor, console, wet foam and rotten wood, etc. I will probably add about 150 lbs back to it to make it the way I want, hoping it runs high 50's with the small block V4 and if everything is good I will probably hang a V6 on on there and let it eat!

15. Member
    I can only seem to add one picture at a time?

16. Member
    1988 13'7" Glasstream

17. Member
    1985 Hydra Sports VL- 485 = 19' 3"

18. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    The hull stripe looks like Javelin??????
    I agree but look at the VIN number the first two letters are RB. On my Javelin my first letter is a J. It's been a while but someone once posted here on BBC how to break down a boat VIN number. The only thing I can remember is it starts with the initials of the manufacture and the last 2 number are the year it was made. As already posted was this boat was made in (19)88

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I agree but look at the VIN number the first two letters are RB. On my Javelin my first letter is a J. It's been a while but someone once posted here on BBC how to break down a boat VIN number. The only thing I can remember is it starts with the initials of the manufacture and the last 2 number are the year it was made. As already posted was this boat was made in (19)88
    I posted what the boat was. Just go on hull number boat I'd site and type the hull number shown.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

20. Member
    Back in the day, a 16.5 to 17 ft boat like that with a 90 or 115 was all we needed. They were the perfect boat for fishing the marshes down here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast