NBC news is simply comical

They are reporting on Californias $7.29 cent gas prices this morning (for regular) and talking about how gas is only slightly higher than a year ago. They blame the high prices on oil companies stopping production to switch blends. Not a peep about who makes them switch blends nor the costs of doing so, nor that a year ago we were being told the prices were due to Ukraine. Our media must truly think Americans are dumber than a box of rocks!

Time for a little stretched line therapy!!!

2. Member
    You lost me at NBC news. They r terrible.

3. Member
    Our media must truly think Americans are dumber than a box of rocks
    They do, and unfortunately, they are not wrong.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

4. Member
    Yes NBC is a box of hot crap.

Does the stations that actually switch to "summer blends" to "winter blends" actually inform their customers that the switch will occur on a certain date or is the switch over totally unnoticed by the consumer?

Around here there's zero mention of any blend switching, summer or otherwise.
    Hi Mike.

5. Member
    Switch from summer blend to winter blend, price goes up. Switch from winter to summer, price goes up.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    You lost me at NBC news. They r terrible.
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by donpilot View Post
    Switch from summer blend to winter blend, price goes up. Switch from winter to summer, price goes up.
    Any excuse to raise gas prices, our gas has gone up $1 a gallon (US) in the past few weeks for the same reasons.

8. Member
    I live in CA and without commenting on the news channel referenced the price of gas here is higher than any other state for a variety of reasons.

1) Tax - The tax base for fuel based off the population is huge and temptation by politicians to always increase it can't be avoided. The interesting portion of this tax base will be how it is replaced.
    2) Production - We have refineries in this state that are being systematically shut down which means our dependency on imported fuel increases exponentially which is ironic considering our Gov. claims to be the 3rd largest economy.
    3) We are being forced (yes forced) to go electric and how they generate those gasoline tax dollars remains to be seen, time will tell but you can bet your bottom dollar they won't give that money tree up any time soon.

9. Member
    They don’t know which lie they’re going to tell until it comes out their mouths.!! Horrible news service.!

10. Member
    Just paid 4.79 for diesel last week. Diesel is generally higher than gas. Fuel tax was implemented by Schwartznegger. Our last GOP governor.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    Just paid 4.79 for diesel last week. Diesel is generally higher than gas. Fuel tax was implemented by Schwartznegger. Our last GOP governor.
    Say it isn't so! A tax from a ? Oh wait.... a tax when it hits the masses the hardest, a tax cut that matters when it hits hardest for a few.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/calif...soline_monthly

3 cents higher.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    They are reporting on Californias $7.29 cent gas prices this morning (for regular) and talking about how gas is only slightly higher than a year ago. They blame the high prices on oil companies stopping production to switch blends. Not a peep about who makes them switch blends nor the costs of doing so, nor that a year ago we were being told the prices were due to Ukraine. Our media must truly think Americans are dumber than a box of rocks!

Time for a little stretched line therapy!!!
    Correct, nothing but govt propaganda

If you tell the people enough time from different sources, the believe the untruths.....

14. Member
    I get my news from www.itsaysorighthere.org. They are never wrong, and I can prove it cause it says so right there on the internet.