Electronics wiring

I'm about to add some electronics to my boat and wanted to see what y'all think about this planned wiring setup.

I plan to run 8 gauge wire from a dedicated 100 ah lithium battery up to the bow for a 12 inch lowrance hds live and a Garmin echo map ultra 126 sv, I plan to wire both units into one run

I also plan to run 8 gauge to the dash for 2 12 inch hds live as well.

I already have 10 gauge run for active target box but that is getting replaced with live scope. That run isn't long enough I don't think due to network cable length so I think I have a few options.

I could mount the live scope box where my current active target box is and get a longer Garmin network cable.

Or I could mount the Garmin box up close to the bow and replace the 10 gauge run with another 8 gauge run. This seems like a good idea if I decide to add an additional live scope to the boat down the road.

All the runs will be connected to a 30 amp dc circuit breaker and retain the factory fuses that are inline in the factory power cords.

I was gonna buy a sea clear or bass tank harness but I can build this stuff for half the price

What do y'all think?
    2021 Triton 21 trx patriot
    250 mercury pro xs 4 stroke

2. Member
    Sounds like a good plan, I did my own harness as well, 8ga marine copper off amazon

3. Member
    Yeah that's where I priced mine from

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmerman99 View Post
    Sounds like a good plan, I did my own harness as well, 8ga marine copper off amazon
    same
    In search of a double digit MONSTER!!!

5. Member
    Built my own. Ran 8ga from battery to fuse panel and 12ga runs from panel to units. If you have the tools it is cheaper to build than buy.
    Fish have fins, they swim

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ-Rohlf View Post
    Built my own. Ran 8ga from battery to fuse panel and 12ga runs from panel to units. If you have the tools it is cheaper to build than buy.
    Yes it was much cheaper. I just finished it up today. Ran 8 gauge to fuse block under console then 10 gauge to each unit. Saved a pile of money