Motorguide Xi5 Transducer with Garmin 93sv

I've researched this and have found other people trying to do the same but no results of this working when it seems as though it should.
    I've got the two adapter cables to go from a Lowrance blue 7 pin connector to my Garmin 12 pin, 010-11979-10 and 010-12122-10 but when I connect everything together the Garmin sees no transducer.
    I've heard that if the transducer has no temp sensor this could be an issue but I believe my motor guide one does.

So, any ideas as to why this doesn't seem to work? Do I need something like the Garmin 12 pin wiring block to get his to work?

You MAY need to select the correct transducer manually. I don't know which transducer you have, so can't tell you what to select.

As Monte suggested, go into Installation under the sonar menu and manually select the MotorGuide 2D transducer. But, if the transducer has no water temp sensor or it is faulty, no transducer would be detected. In this case, the work-around would be to use the 8-pin breakout box and short the temp sensor to ground.

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/85643
    Garmin Pro Team

4. Member
    Yea it looks to not be detecting it at all as I don't have the installation menu option to select a transducer. I also have a 93sv at the console with a GT54 attached, when networked together I can see the GT54 on the bow 93sv and can get to the installation menu, would it maybe be possible to select the correct motorguide transducer from there and it maybe recognize it? Or would that have a potential to damage the GT54?

Find out what type of transducer is in TM. 2d? 2D/Di? Chirp? what frequencies? You should be able to find a "generic" on on the list to choose. Performance will suck though

6. Member
    Well, I was able to get an older Lowrance graph I had to hook up to it and it seems like the temp sensor is likely bad, I get a flashing 32 degrees. I'm gonna try replacing the transducer and hopefully that will fix my issues.