Thread: 360 ?

360 ?

My 360 spins but when you look at it on the screen it will show the image but the image will not stay on the Screen is this a 360 setting problem or is there a problem with the 360? Thanks

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    The Mega 360 has two separate imaging piezos. Each fills one half of the screen as it sweeps. Not sure what you mean by "the image will not stay on the screen" but if 1/2 of the screen looks correct during the sweep but the other half is dark, then one of your imaging piezos may be out. If your issue is something different, you need to be more descriptive of what is happening.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    I think you put it a good way as the line is sweeping it will show an image by time. The next line gets to the image. The image starts to disappear.. as if the line is sweeping it clear. When the lines is sweeping and it worked, normally it would just change the image not take the image off the screen all together. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Big J Mac View Post
    I think you put it a good way as the line is sweeping it will show an image by time. The next line gets to the image. The image starts to disappear.. as if the line is sweeping it clear. When the lines is sweeping and it worked, normally it would just change the image not take the image off the screen all together. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for all the help.
    Both 360's (original and MEGA) are rotating Side Imaging transducers= a left and right SI piezo. As the transducer rotates it replaces one side with the other. If you have a blackout on either side, it's typically a failed piezo. You can check if that is happening by selecting a SI view and select to do SI, the 360 will stop rotating and go to HOME with left and right orientation of the piezos. If both sides don't produce an image that is your issue.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Yup that’s what it did. Thanks

6. Member
    Do you happen to have pictures of what your was doing to compare what issue I'm seeing?