Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Cory Johnston Hook Question

I was watching live today and it was late in the day. And Cory was really struggling to get a bite. He then caught according to basstrak two big ones back to back. One I watched he played out for a long time then never showed the hook position and it seemed to me he had a slight demeanor change when he landed the fish. He took some time to remove the hook. And he obstructed the camera view when unhooking. I don’t want it to be true. I hope someone can show me footage of that hook and lading of that fish.

Another thing that strikes me odd is that there is no replay of that catch that I can find It was definitely a huge bite he really needed. I smell a coverup.

2. Member
    I didn’t want to stir the pot but watching live it looked like the fish was hooked in the under side of the bottom lip. I had been waiting for a clip to come out to verify also but nothing posted of it.

3. Member
    Here you go if you really feel the overwhelming need to report something. Or maybe just call the wambulance,
    Email us at: Bassmaster@emailcustomerservice.com or call 1-877-BASS-USA.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Slight Demeanor Change

He Took Some Time Removing The Hook

A BBCer Smells A Coverup

That Totally Screams For A Congressional Investigation

There Should Be A Law Requiring Instant Replay Of Every Fish Caught In A B.A.S.S. Tournament

5. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    I get a slight demeanor change every time I move because something hurts
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

6. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    A slight demeanor change????? You go Columbo.....

FWIW, both Johnstons ended up possibly not winning one of the St Lawrence events because they hooked a fish they were sight fishing outside the mouth.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basshnter View Post
    I was watching live today and it was late in the day. And Cory was really struggling to get a bite. He then caught according to basstrak two big ones back to back. One I watched he played out for a long time then never showed the hook position and it seemed to me he had a slight demeanor change when he landed the fish. He took some time to remove the hook. And he obstructed the camera view when unhooking. I don’t want it to be true. I hope someone can show me footage of that hook and lading of that fish.

Another thing that strikes me odd is that there is no replay of that catch that I can find It was definitely a huge bite he really needed. I smell a coverup.
    You've got to be kidding me

8. Member
    I'll wait for the video....I'm going fishing.

I got see it to believe it.
    Scott
    2016 Nitro Z20 Pro
    Serial # 2B125401 - 250ProXS DFI/TM2

I saw the same thing, kinda figured he was just hiding his bait tho?
    Demeanor changed cause it was a critical catch maybe

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerbassman4 View Post
    I didn’t want to stir the pot but watching live it looked like the fish was hooked in the under side of the bottom lip. I had been waiting for a clip to come out to verify also but nothing posted of it.
    I think BASS knows that it was questionable. That why we aren’t seeing any clips of it. It should have definitely made the replay of the day no doubt. Or at least a couple replays. They replay all the other catches. It looked hooked outside the mouth to me. Under bottom lip. I just wanna see good clear video of it to prove it was a clean catch. Everyone has to play by the same rules.

11. Member
    Guilty until proven innocent, in other words.

If you feel compelled, Josh Brechman is your congressional representative.

13. Member
    To me it looked like the fish was hooked deep.....I am imagining it was also bleeding- I believe Davey even metioned that. I'm sure BASS doesnt want much footage of a fattie with blood dripping down her.
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    There is a Podcast that is totally dedicated to the Integrity of Professional Bass Tournament Fishing so if there is even a slight scent of anything inappropriate they will be all over it.

15. Member
    You must have bet on another guy. Lol. He would not risk his pro career for 1 fish. Think about it for a second. He knows the camera is on him and if the officials see something fishy they will investigate. It’s a nothing burger.

I didn't see much yesterday. Canada for the win today eh.

18. Member
    I was more concerned with some of the commentators talking about how they fish as a team. One telling the other about a big fish on the bed, one defensive fishing etc. While not against the rules, what is the difference between an angler fishing the tournament sharing info etc when you can't get info from someone not fishing? I wonder how many "teams" there are in pro fishing? Any angler not involved is the sharing of info between anglers is hurt just as bad as if they got the info from someone not fishing. This "sport" really needs to clean up a lot of the rules. But since they are following the rules all is good

19. Member
    Good God the time some people have on their hands

20. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    While not against the rules, what is the difference between an angler fishing the tournament sharing info etc when you can't get info from someone not fishing?
    I refuse to believe that you really need an explanation for that.

Guys tell their buddies where they are catching them and what they are them catching with all the time and a lot of those interactions are on camera.

You Louisiana boys are tight knit bunch - go watch Livesay's YouTubes and see how much info Livesay, Sumrall and Latuso share while crushing the Busch Lights.
    Last edited by BoatBuggy; 04-21-2024 at 09:31 AM.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast