Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Scraps
    I had to giggle when I got the e-mail, "Cory Johnston won the Elite on".....these 6th Sense Baits.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basshnter View Post
    I was watching live today and it was late in the day. And Cory was really struggling to get a bite. He then caught according to basstrak two big ones back to back. One I watched he played out for a long time then never showed the hook position and it seemed to me he had a slight demeanor change when he landed the fish. He took some time to remove the hook. And he obstructed the camera view when unhooking. I don’t want it to be true. I hope someone can show me footage of that hook and lading of that fish.

Another thing that strikes me odd is that there is no replay of that catch that I can find It was definitely a huge bite he really needed. I smell a coverup.
    He said on the Mercer show, that if the fish is on a bed and you see it and catch it, it has to be in the mouth, if you don't see the fish and hook it outside of the mouth its legal. He had to take a lie detector test after the weigh in as someone did report it.

3. Member
    I am a fan of the brothers, but I watched the video again this weekend and it sure looked like he was looking directly at the fish... anyone else take another look at it?

4. Member
    A better point is, that with the advancements in FFS, the rule is outdated. It should simply be changed so that all fish must have at least one hook inside the mouth. The rule is too vague IMO and polygraphs are a poor solution to the issue. Should be part of a new rule package on FFS issues for 2025.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisMH&F View Post
    A better point is, that with the advancements in FFS, the rule is outdated. It should simply be changed so that all fish must have at least one hook inside the mouth. The rule is too vague IMO and polygraphs are a poor solution to the issue. Should be part of a new rule package on FFS issues for 2025.
    This will hurt the crankbait / jerkbait / spoon techniques. Personally I wouldn't have a problem with it, because the line between sight fishing and "can't see it" is very blurry, but it will hurt those techniques.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Anyone plan on bringing the subject up at the pre-tournament meeting at the Sturgeon Bay Open Tournament?

It would be an opportunity to address him, and the issue directly.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    This will hurt the crankbait / jerkbait / spoon techniques. Personally I wouldn't have a problem with it, because the line between sight fishing and "can't see it" is very blurry, but it will hurt those techniques.
    I've seen enough FFS shows/tournaments where they are jerking crankbaits/jerkbaits/spoons around suspended fish to see that as a potential an issue too. I occasionally catch a fish hooked in the side without a hook in the mouth but I would rather error on the side of clarity. I've ran enough tournaments that I just hate gray area's in the rules.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Anyone plan on bringing the subject up at the pre-tournament meeting at the Sturgeon Bay Open Tournament?

Pretty sure we all know what the answer to that is.
    2023 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Yamaha SHO S/N 6KWL 1004324

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa

You'd have to think one half the Podcast Duo that is totally dedicated to the Integrity of Professional Fishing will be the first one to speak up since he'll be in the meeting or the other half of the Duo gets to do commentary on Bass Live it will certainly be brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Let it go .
    X1000

11. Member

Let it go!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strugglebus View Post
    I am a fan of the brothers, but I watched the video again this weekend and it sure looked like he was looking directly at the fish... anyone else take another look at it?
    Sure looked like he was locked on to something ����...and it shure wasn’t a slice of Canadian back floating on the surface

13. Member
    5 pages and no links to the alleged infraction.…

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    5 pages and no links to the alleged infraction.…
    Bass live archives day 3. 4:43:20 mark is about where it starts
    https://www.bassmaster.com/live-archive/video/day-3-5/

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerbassman4 View Post
    Bass live archives day 3. 4:43:20 mark is about where it starts
    https://www.bassmaster.com/live-archive/video/day-3-5/
    Man I know B.A.S.S. ruled on it, but that’s bed fishing 101. That fish should have been released in my opinion.

16. triton
    Every one has an opinion but the only one that matters is Bass......Let it go !!!!

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

17. Member
    He could have released that fish, not fished the final day, and he still would’ve won. This doesn’t change the outcome of the tournament. B.A.S.S. fully vetted the situation and came to the determination that he didn’t do anything wrong.

but leave it to the BBC pitchfork crowd to complain about a non existent issue. I’m sure Wheelers white knight on here is just pleased the heat is off wheeler for the time being so he can take a break
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerbassman4 View Post
    he may not have been able to see it because of the wind but he knew that fish was on bed because Chris told him where it was at. He was using perspective to see fish on beds all week. Fish should have went back in the lake for being hooked outside the mouth.
    When your opinion matters as to how things should go let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by triton View Post
    Every one has an opinion but the only one that matters is Bass......Let it go !!!!
    Yep

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisMH&F View Post
    Be prepared to be tarred and feathered to suggest any rules in BASS tournaments be changed,,they have a perfect set of rules that apply to all situations fairly and justly to all competitors.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast