Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    I refuse to believe that you really need an explanation for that.

Guys tell their buddies where they are catching them and what they are them catching with all the time and a lot of those interactions are on camera.
    So explain it to me......... You and I are fishing a tournament that has a no information rule. My buddy is also fishing the tournament and he tells me where there are tons of big bedding fish. Your buddy is not fishing the tournament and he tells you the same info. You are breaking the rules and I am not,,However, someone that does not have a buddy helping him (in or out of the tournament) is hurt in the same way by that information. What is the reason another guy in the tournament is allowed to help another angler in the tournament except that there is really no way to police the rule, no real way to police it outside the tournament anglers also.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    So explain it to me......... You and I are fishing a tournament that has a no information rule. My buddy is also fishing the tournament and he tells me where there are tons of big bedding fish. Your buddy is not fishing the tournament and he tells you the same info. You are breaking the rules and I am not,,However, someone that does not have a buddy helping him (in or out of the tournament) is hurt in the same way by that information. What is the reason another guy in the tournament is allowed to help another angler in the tournament except that there is really no way to police the rule, no real way to police it outside the tournament anglers also.
    Because if they didn't allow competitors to share info then they wouldn't even be able to talk to each other for for the duration of the tournament. They are fisherman and that's what they talk about, fishing. If competitors want to share info then more power to them. I would say there are very very few guys on the Elites that don't team up with at least one or two other guys. Having a local with years and years of experience on a body of water is way different than guys in the tournament sharing info over the course of a week.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

All the "no information" rules I've fished under said no outside information.
    Never seen one that said you couldn't share info with other anglers of same tournament.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerbassman4 View Post
    I didn’t want to stir the pot but watching live it looked like the fish was hooked in the under side of the bottom lip. I had been waiting for a clip to come out to verify also but nothing posted of it.
    That’s what I thought as well but. He said to his Marshall did you see how it was hooked he said it was hooked in the skin on the very front of its bottom jaw.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

5. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Your buddy who is in the tournament has the same rules as you do between the day the tournament dates are announced and the acutal tournament - so your buddy also has off limit periods, no a-rigs, no live bait, only him in the boat, etc etc etc.

My buddy who is not in the tournament does not have the same rules as I do - they have no rules and can do what they want, when they want.

If that doesn't clear it up, I can't help.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

6. Member
    For all the , I saw it too. But I didn’t see him really trying to hide it. I heard him a few times talking about catching the fish on bed using LS instead of looking at them. I assumed this was how he caught that one, which was why it wasn’t an issue.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WI-Bassin View Post
    Because if they didn't allow competitors to share info then they wouldn't even be able to talk to each other for for the duration of the tournament. They are fisherman and that's what they talk about, fishing. If competitors want to share info then more power to them. I would say there are very very few guys on the Elites that don't team up with at least one or two other guys. Having a local with years and years of experience on a body of water is way different than guys in the tournament sharing info over the course of a week.
    That response is exactly what I said above and we agree,,only reason for the anglers sharing rule is there is no way to police it, my argument is there is no way to police it outside the tournament anglers either. And,,does not matter where the information comes from, I'm sure you can agree someone that didn't get any information at all is hurt by other anglers sharing info. Also,, 2 or more guys talking fishing, patterns, water quality, general info is a lot different than someone telling someone else there is an 8 pounder on the bed right here, I'm going to leave it alone, you need to come try to catch it. Lets go a step deeper. You and I room together. I find nothing in practice and am going practice on the first day of the tournament. You however are on a wad of fish on a point everyone knows about. I draw boat 1 but you draw boat 80. Are you allowed to tell me to stop there and fish til you get there??

And before we get blasted about different rules for non competitors etc I am fully aware there is no rules against it, and am aware they are not breaking any rules. My comment to all is the person that does not get any information is hurt the same by information sharing, does not matter if it is within the rules or outside the rules. This again is not a question of if someone broke any rules, but a comment on how the rule can't be enforced most of the time.
    Last edited by jcdogfish; 04-21-2024 at 10:14 AM.

8. Member
    With that big of a lead surely he’d be smart enough to just let it go. I didn’t see it but no way he’d risk a cakewalk to a 1st victory. I’m sure if there is a question BASS will run him through a poly.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    Your buddy who is in the tournament has the same rules as you do between the day the tournament dates are announced and the acutal tournament - so your buddy also has off limit periods, no a-rigs, no live bait, only him in the boat, etc etc etc.

My buddy who is not in the tournament does not have the same rules as I do - they have no rules and can do what they want, when they want.

If that doesn't clear it up, I can't help.
    I don't need help understanding the situation or the rules,,, I'm just commenting on how it hurts someone that does not get any information from anglers or from the outside,,does not matter where the information comes from. The no information rule is a "feel good" rule that can't be monitored well enough for it to be a rule, its a rule for honest folks

This again is not a question of if someone broke any rules, but a comment on how the rule can't be enforced most of the time.
    It can't be enforced other than a polygraph and then it's not 100%
    The no outside information rules have been and always will be abused by those who want to. With that said I figure most are like me and have a circle of anglers within my tournaments that we share info. How much info is shared can vary under circumstances.

I draw boat 1 but you draw boat 80. Are you allowed to tell me to stop there and fish til you get there??
    That falls under a different set of rules as most have a (no hole sitting)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    For all the , I saw it too. But I didn’t see him really trying to hide it. I heard him a few times talking about catching the fish on bed using LS instead of looking at them. I assumed this was how he caught that one, which was why it wasn’t an issue.
    While the water up in Salt run looks pretty clear on the drone cam, I assure you it is not near as clear "as seen on tv", and they are not "sight fishing" back there in the normal sense. Unless they are right on top of the bed, you really can't see it at all. They are most likely back off the beds and fishing then with LS. I think this was mentioned on one of the earlier days...

12. Member
    I hope everyone understands I'm playing Devil's Advocate on this topic.

If the first boat fished the spot til the second boat gets there is he hole sitting,,how can you say hes hole sitting, he's fishing, and gave up the spot to someone else,,

If 2 anglers share tournament winnings, isn't one helping the other covered by the no paying or bartering for fishing spots???

13. Member
    If you r talking about that one over 6 he caught. Fox sp ch has shown it multiple times on tv. Looks like it was hooked it the mouth to me.

14. Member
    Good grief...

Wait a minute. OP is from OK. Edwin is that you? Slow day on the pecan farm
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

16. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    I don't need help understanding the situation or the rules,,, I'm just commenting on how it hurts someone that does not get any information from anglers or from the outside,,does not matter where the information comes from. The no information rule is a "feel good" rule that can't be monitored well enough for it to be a rule, its a rule for honest folks
    Meh. There's a huge diff for someone getting info from within vs from someone outside.That's the "who does it hurt part". Anglers who don't get info from within either don't want it or didn't ask. That's where i said i didnt believe you.

Monitoring is a different issue.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

17. Member
    I was more concerned with some of the commentators talking about how they fish as a team. One telling the other about a big fish on the bed, one defensive fishing etc. While not against the rules, what is the difference between an angler fishing the tournament sharing info etc when you can't get info from someone not fishing? I wonder how many "teams" there are in pro fishing? Any angler not involved is the sharing of info between anglers is hurt just as bad as if they got the info from someone not fishing. This "sport" really needs to clean up a lot of the rules. But since they are following the rules all is good
    If you can’t see the difference between getting info from someone IN the tournament and someone NOT IN the tournament…well then I don’t know to what to tell you.

18. Member
    I like the Johnston brothers. I like most all the anglers. I just simply wanna see that replay. Out of all his fish that one was one of the biggest at a super critical time and they haven’t shown a replay of it fully. Just one small clip with the landing cut out. I’m just saying I see it questionable.

Are you allowed to stand on the trolling motor and graphs to spot bedders?
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

20. Member
    You guys crack me up. Had there been suspicion of this on the BPT y’all would already have the pitch forks out.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast