Multiple Compass/Heading Sensors

Since I have several brands, but started with Lowarnce, I have Lowrance Point 1 HS/Compass(s). I actually only had one (like most common installs) installed at the rear near the transom transducer. But have since added HB and Garming MFU's so added a second point 1 at the Bow as well.

They are configured for correct instance and named, etc but Garmin 126sv only sees them both as "Point 1" - not as named, ie Front Point 1/Rear Point 1 like my other units. Is this a Garmin issue, or is there some setting I need to enable so that it recognizes nema device names or something along those lines?

Worst case, I just unhook the rear one temporarily so Garmin only sees the front one and I can configure settings I suppose. But not sure if it would get confused again when I hooked the rear on back up due to same name.

2. Member
    I never bothered with 2 GPS pucks. I have a Point1 at the rear of the boat. I set all units to get heading from the Point one.

On my console units I set them to use the Point1 for GPS since the puck is right above the transducers on the stern.

On my bow units I set them to get GPS from one of the bow units since there right over the bow transducers.

I never did either until I wound up with three different brand MFU's. If I use the rear P1 for the Helix ie a heading sensor, it will also use that P1 for GPS/Marking Wayponts/etc and they would be off a boat length. Adding one up front correct this. I really don't use the Garmin for waypoints at the moment, so it's not critical for it currenly, but would like to have it setup in case I do wind up using it for mapping and waypoints.

I'll likely just unplug the rear quickly since it's somewhat easier to get to, and then setup the HS on the Garmin, then plug the rear back in I guess.

I don't know if this will affect you but I know that there is a conflict when you put a 24XD on the same N2k with a point 1. They do not get along. I had to swap my point 1 out for second 24XD.

I now have a 24XD on the bow and another on the stern. The system has no problem distinguishing between the two. Both have unique names and each has it's own separate menu.

Maybe it's a Point-1 problem.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

I wound up unplugging the rear one, then only the front one showed up on the Garmin. I was able to rename it, then plugged the rear back in and was able to rename it as well.