Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ultra 126sv cradle locks

What is everyone using, if any, for cradle locks to keep the unit from coming out while running or trailering. Or is it even that much of a problem like the 93’s we’re experiencing. Is anyone using the durasafe G cradle bracket or what about the DD26 clip method? I’m fixing to put one on and looking to lock it down before it even leaves the garage.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Never had an issue with my 93's or Ultras.....personally dont use any locks.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

I'm using the DD26 clip - it works well enough. More for peace of mind than anything. Lots of guys just do the drill and use a cotter pin mod, basically does the same thing for pennies.

I use BoatFX locks on my other brand units (yes, I know they are essentially "visual detterant" only, we don't need to re-hash that discussion lol) - haven't decided if it's worth it to put locks on the 126sv, since they can just unclip it. I think one or two companies offfer acutal locks that cover the clip, (BoatFX is one, actually) but you need thier electronics mount, I think. I've just been pulling it off, which I guess was Garmin's intent anyway.

The Durasafe looks interesting, assuming you can use it with other brand locks, which from the video it appears you can. I might pick one up to try.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    I'm using the DD26 clip - it works well enough. More for peace of mind than anything. Lots of guys just do the drill and use a cotter pin mod, basically does the same thing for pennies.

I use BoatFX locks on my other brand units (yes, I know they are essentially "visual detterant" only, we don't need to re-hash that discussion lol) - haven't decided if it's worth it to put locks on the 126sv, since they can just unclip it. I think one or two companies offfer acutal locks that cover the clip, (BoatFX is one, actually) but you need thier electronics mount, I think. I've just been pulling it off, which I guess was Garmin's intent anyway.

The Durasafe looks interesting, assuming you can use it with other brand locks, which from the video it appears you can. I might pick one up to try.

Im just curious on something for more of a piece of mind too, I’ve got a couple friends with the 93sv’s and they had there’s come out of the cradle a few times each. I may try the DD26 clip or might just do the drill a hole for a hitch clip or cotter pin. I have durasafe locks on all my live units and won’t worry about those style locks on the ultra since it is removable from the cradle itself, doesn’t even make sense to put some in it.

6. Member
    I may even just go that route or may just do some safety wire loops since I still have all that stuff from my motocross days.

7. Member
    I made this for mine and 3D printed it, if you have a 3D printer.
    4 different options
    I have a 106sv but I think the cradle is the same isn't it?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6582834

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoozKC View Post
    4 different options

Those are pretty cool....was looking at 3d printers lately....had a co worker just get one and he printed something for me....nice work...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

This for the 106 and 126 style cradle

I've never had one pop loose and I've had a pair of 102sv units on my boat since 2016. I recently added a 126 and have started using the DD26 clips. I don't know why, really, but they make me feel better, anyways.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

11. Member
    I guess I'm missing something altogether. Does anyone have any pics regarding what exactly is being locked with pins / clips? I'm always very careful to ensure the locking clip clicks / locks in when installing my units. Has anyone had their units pop out even when appropriately secured by the cradle clip? If there is an extra security measure that can be taken, I'd really like to see exactly how folks are doing it (pictures).

An additional level of comfort goes a long way ...

Thx!

1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Plenty of posts about folks echomaps popping out of the cradle either running down the lake or being towed on the road. This lead to the drilling/hitch pin hack and later to commerical clips and 3d solutions, etc. Whether it's an actual fault of the design or just operator error I can't say, but putting the clip on mine gives me some peace of mind.

14. Member
    I also use the 3/16” hitch clips on my units.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoozKC View Post
    4 different options

I really appreciate this, the locking system is the same. I do have a couple, an fdm and a resin, i will put one to work on a couple of these.

I haven't bought them for my graphs yet but found these earlier today scrolling on facebook. They look like they will work great and not a bad price.

https://durasafelocks.com/products/f...e-bracket-only
    2009 Nitro z-7
    2008 EFI 150

17. Member
    I had a 122 pop out, only because I didn’t realize that the lock wasn’t full seated. 100% my fault and lesson learned.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8AnDrEw9 View Post
    I haven't bought them for my graphs yet but found these earlier today scrolling on facebook. They look like they will work great and not a bad price.

Thats the ones I found first before I made this post. I may end up with those but going to make some with my 3d printer first from the link a few post up and see how they turn out first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    Thats the ones I found first before I made this post. I may end up with those but going to make some with my 3d printer first from the link a few post up and see how they turn out first.

just drill the hole and put the pin in. 100% fool proof. So simple and easy to use. Why make it so complicated. You just want it so that locking paddle does not somehow come up.

Quote Originally Posted by 8AnDrEw9 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    This is also the only one (that I know of) that is also technically a "lock" (more accurately, when tied into graph locks) that would prevent someone from just quickly flipping the lever and absconding off with your echomap. The DD26 clip and the other drill/pin mods are just to keep the lever from opening inadvertantly. As mentioned earlier I may try this one, I just would like to know that it works with any graph lock, not just durasafe (from the images/videos it appears it would as it just slips around the threaded shaft of the lock/screw.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast