Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

VW workers vote to unionize with UAW in TN

https://apnews.com/article/volkswage...a2f6ac7db00fbe

This should prove an interesting study in the South.

Huge win for those employees!!!

Wait for it ....
    Ranting incoherently

4. Member
    What happened in GA? Kemp was on CNBC yesterday morning talking about a vote.
    ________
    $8

5. Member
    Love my union. COLA directly tied to CPi, that sort of insulates us from greedflation. Annual raises,good health insurance, retirement pension plus 5% match 401K.
    Not to mention OT after 8 hours, just cause discipline, access to grievance procedure, in other words boss can’t just let you go because they dont like you, has to be a justified performance reason.
    And on top of that it’s 100% voluntary, no one is forced to join, scabs are people too,

6. Member
    It's America and the workers are within their rights to vote for union representation. It matters not to me as I'm a small business owner. Self employed.

Plenty of unions in the south. AT&T, Railroads, etc.

145,000 union workers in TN alone according to google , a right to work state, and the rest of the southern states is likely compatible. I don't understand why it will be an interesting study.

Live and let live.
    Last edited by Whopperstopper; 04-20-2024 at 06:54 AM.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid---Ben Franklin

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whopperstopper View Post
    It's America and the workers are within their rights to vote for union representation. It matters not to me as I'm a small business owner.

Plenty of unions in the south. AT&T, Railroads, etc.

145,000 union workers in TN alone according to google , a right to work state, and the rest of the southern states is likely compatible. I don't understand why it will be an interesting study.

Live and let live.
    Because most of your number are government union employees. Manufactured exploded here after the state passed tough tort reform laws.

I agree with letting the employees decide and hope it works out the way the were told.

VW for sure knows about labor unions with their factories at home.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    Wait for it ....
    Ya, you're right. They'll be shortly bashing these hard working men and women trying to better their lives.

UAW hit a home run with its big 3 contracts. Non union auto workers clearly see it. More plants to unionize soon would be my guess

9. Member
    With the worker shortage, I think unions are going to come back strong, especially after people saw how the strikes went for the big 3

💪💪

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    What happened in GA? Kemp was on CNBC yesterday morning talking about a vote.
    We want to keep good paying jobs and continue to grow the American auto manufacturing sector here. A successful unionization drive will stop this growth in its tracks, to the detriment of American workers.”

Statement signed by; Governor Kay Ivey (AL), Governor Brian Kemp (GA), Governor Tate Reeves (MS), Governor Henry McMaster (SC), Governor Bill Lee (TN), and Governor Greg Abbott (TX)

Listen to us, we know what's best for you.

12. Member
    If that’s what they want to do. I worked union 40 years unions have their good and bad.

13. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Good for those employees.

Dale Sinclair original

14. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NW.Ind.Basser View Post
    We want to keep good paying jobs and continue to grow the American auto manufacturing sector here. A successful unionization drive will stop this growth in its tracks, to the detriment of American workers.”

Statement signed by; Governor Kay Ivey (AL), Governor Brian Kemp (GA), Governor Tate Reeves (MS), Governor Henry McMaster (SC), Governor Bill Lee (TN), and Governor Greg Abbott (TX)

We are from the government and we are here to help Our useless senator Blackburn sent out a email blasting this vote as well and trying to pass some crap legislation to make it harder for unions to vote.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadrashPaul View Post
    We are from the government and we are here to help Our useless senator Blackburn sent out a email blasting this vote as well and trying to pass some crap legislation to make it harder for unions to vote.
    Federal and state government should stay out of it. It should b between the employees and the company.

Yes higher wages, better benefits, and more job security is a detriment.

17. Member
    Gotta sell em to make the bottom-line work. Adds 20% to the bottom line.....probably not good long term. Plants I worked in during my career that were Unionized are now parking lots! Both good and bad for sure.

Wish them well in the quest for a fair contract. Auto industry is having a rough go right now. Same soft demand as marine industry.

19. Member

I'm wondering what all of those fine governors have in common....any ideas ??
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flabasspond View Post
    I'm wondering what all of those fine governors have in common....any ideas ??

Don't know?
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast