Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Out of the ordinary upgrades

What is an upgrade you've done to your boat that would not be considered mainstream?
    One that I did is put a spinner knob on my steering wheel. Makes docking and loading much easier.

2. Member

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    Nice!

I don’t know if it would be considered an upgrade, but I have a personal locater beacon registered with NOAA attached to my PFD.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    I don’t know if it would be considered an upgrade, but I have a personal locater beacon registered with NOAA attached to my PFD.
    Don’t know what it’s considered except Smart! Especially a tournament fisherman or someone who likes to fish after dark.

6. Member
    boat before one I have now had Anchor Reins at three corners , man I miss them

7. Member
    I added a suicide wheel on the steering wheel a few years ago and it really helps when docking or loading the boat on the trailer. I also have a YETI cooler strapped to the port/transom corner for my lunch/water/worms.

8. Member
    I like this. Do you mind pointing me in a direction where I could get started on this? Is there a link?

Smart man!

I have 2 one for me and one for the partner

I did a few first is a 2K Tsunami bilge pump

next I have over flow plugs hanging on cables inside the livewells so I can plugs them quickly when I know I'm going to make a long rough ride

Last for anyone like me that sits all day you know that the threaded pedestal can back out a little and start to rock back and forth making it uncomfortable I added a sliding door lock to the pedestal to keep it from backing out

Flush Latch.jpg ss-bushing3.jpg ss-bushing1.jpg
    Last edited by MichAngler; 04-20-2024 at 08:10 AM.
    "The handicapped angler"

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    I added a suicide wheel on the steering wheel a few years ago and it really helps when docking or loading the boat on the trailer. I also have a YETI cooler strapped to the port/transom corner for my lunch/water/worms.
    I like the suicide knob idea. Difficult to spin the steering wheel quickly with one hand while pushing buttons on graph. I just ordered one. Thanks for the idea.

11. Member
    Screenshot_20240420_083215_Photos.jpg

I added this push pole holder that I really like. I like to fish shallow, and that thing has bailed me out of more than one pickle the last few years. Previously, the pole was always kind of in the way. Perfect spot for it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbass2 View Post
    I like this. Do you mind pointing me in a direction where I could get started on this? Is there a link?
    After the Nik Kayler FLW incident on Okeechobee, I decided I wouldn’t put my family through that kind of trauma if something were to happen. You improve your chances of surviving of course, but if the worst happens, you’ll be found in shorter order.

Popular option and what I have is ACR

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ACR&crid=...f=nb_sb_noss_2

Once you receive your PLB you register with NOAA.

https://beaconregistration.noaa.gov/RGDB/index
    Last edited by dean c; 04-20-2024 at 08:57 AM.

13. Member
    The only thing I have added to my boat I can think of is I did install Trick Steps a few years back. After I finally learned to remember that they were on the trailer I use them a bunch. Makes winching the boat on to the trailer easy and working on tackle when in the shop they are safer than climbing over the side. Only thing I can think of I would do some day is maybe put an anchor light on my Power Poles.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by squib View Post
    I like the suicide knob idea. Difficult to spin the steering wheel quickly with one hand while pushing buttons on graph. I just ordered one. Thanks for the idea.
    Your right, I should of called it a suicide KNOB.....

15. Member
    Another vote for Trick Steps. I won't have another boat without them and an electronic anchor trolling motor.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mark482vs View Post
    boat before one I have now had Anchor Reins at three corners , man I miss them
    For unloading the boat alone, Anchor Rein is a god send. I have one on the bow of my Z52c. They show up on eBay occasionally.

17. Member
    Waterproof Viper alarm main module, shock and tilt sensor onboard, water-resistant siren. [for motorcycles, boats, ATVs]
    Also added - magnetic contact switches (compartment lids), proximity motion sensor, Botepon marine LED (flashes, when siren activated).
    Local Viper dealer wouldn't install in boat; so I bought and installed stuff.
    Last edited by tj; 04-20-2024 at 04:58 PM.
    Champion 184
    Mercury 175 EFI

18. Member
    Same here

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Good Thread some very helpful ideas

20. Member
    Back in the '80's and 90's when I used a hand controlled trolling motor, I would order my Ranger boat with the front pedestal base moved up five inches. Not needed anymore with lots of boats having two pedestal base positions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast