Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Aldo has it right...more should follow their plan

2. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by 5-20 View Post
    Hi Karen.

Amusing post. Can't wait to see your next post about driving 55 MPH in a 70 zone in the left hand lane and how people are supposed to pass you on the right and if they won't it's because they're too lazy to.

Cheers. Good job trolling.
    I passed someone on the right today. Looked like the woman in the car I passed was white knuckling the wheel. I was about the 4th person to pass her in about 30 seconds.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LateralLine View Post
    Just how much do you want to pay for your groceries, they're high enough already? Maybe you should use a home delivery service?
    We went to carry out boys and the sales doubled so we could lower prices.

4. Member
    I wish I could chalk it up to the “It’s all about me” generation, but I’ve seen this most of my life. Some people are just plain lazy. A friend once told me about his theory, that you get something special in the afterlife for every shopping cart you put back. Probably not the place to share it….

Small rural conservative town here. 4,000 population. We have a Walmart super enter and it draws a few more from surrounding towns. It’s very rare to see a cart left out in the lot. Everyone around here seems to always put them up.

6. Member
    Imagine a world where a young person carried the groceries out, loaded em in your car, and then returned the buggy ensuring it is clean and no flat spots on wheels.

Good thing stores are saving us lots of money with “self serve”

7. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Just plain lazy..

Dale Sinclair original

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5-20 View Post
    Hi Karen.

Amusing post. Can't wait to see your next post about driving 55 MPH in a 70 zone in the left hand lane and how people are supposed to pass you on the right and if they won't it's because they're too lazy to.

Cheers. Good job trolling.
    Corporate America brainwashed you into paying them for the goods and making you do the work of cashiers, checkers, baggers and trolley boys, thus eliminating those part time jobs for high school kids or others and boosting their profits.

And now you defend them. You are the epitome of "one born every minute." Corporate America thanks you from the deck of their latest yacht, that sailed from their private island, paid for out of all the labor costs you helped reduce by doing the work for free. And all those people who used to get a check to support their families, take a girl out on a date or save up for college thank you too.

This thread was started to gripe about other people not doing what the OP thinks they should, and you call me a "Karen" for pointing out that this used to be managed by the stores by paying people like me to take care of the problem.

You need to get your head straight and open your eyes to what has happened right in front of you. Or maybe you aren't old enough to remember customer service, since it disappeared years ago.

Like it was said above, thank God for "lower prices" which is the biggest joke that got played on everyone who believes it. It wasn't lower prices, it's higher profits that drove the reduction in customer service. And anyone who thinks any different is a fool.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    Corporate America brainwashed you into paying them for the goods and making you do the work of cashiers, checkers, baggers and trolley boys, thus eliminating those part time jobs for high school kids or others and boosting their profits.

And now you defend them. You are the epitome of "one born every minute." Corporate America thanks you from the deck of their latest yacht, that sailed from their private island, paid for out of all the labor costs you helped reduce by doing the work for free. And all those people who used to get a check to support their families, take a girl out on a date or save up for college thank you too.

This thread was started to gripe about other people not doing what the OP thinks they should, and you call me a "Karen" for pointing out that this used to be managed by the stores by paying people like me to take care of the problem.

You need to get your head straight and open your eyes to what has happened right in front of you. Or maybe you aren't old enough to remember customer service, since it disappeared years ago.

Like it was said above, thank God for "lower prices" which is the biggest joke that got played on everyone who believes it. It wasn't lower prices, it's higher profits that drove the reduction in customer service. And anyone who thinks any different is a fool.
    I like to think it's more about the basic premise of being mature and responsible enough to return things where you find or borrow them.

But people are absolutely lazier and more self centered these days.

So what did most of the stores across America do? They built those little corrals out in the parking lot to make it much easier for these lazy people to return these carts. So their customers wouldn't need to walk an extra 50 or 100 feet to return the cart to the store front.

And go figure.... that still doesn't happen a lot of the time.

I've seen this said many times. That grocery stores operate on very small margins and many end the year with a net profit of 1 to 3%. I don't know how true this is and it's obviously not true for the mega chains like Walmart. But still, to need to hire extra people to bag food or put away carts absolutely means the store would need to raise their prices or cut service in other areas.

I'm not really that savvy about grocery store economics so I'll leave it at that.

You have a good day and please remember to put your cart away, either in that little corral or back at the store!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Imagine a world where a young person carried the groceries out, loaded em in your car, and then returned the buggy ensuring it is clean and no flat spots on wheels.

Good thing stores are saving us lots of money with “self serve”
    That was my job in HS, we were not supposed to let a customer leave the store pushing a cart and if they insisted then we had to follow to retrieve the cart and if we saw a cart in the lot we had to go grab it.

11. Member
    Is she fat because she is handicapped, or handicapped because she is fat?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    That was my job in HS, we were not supposed to let a customer leave the store pushing a cart and if they insisted then we had to follow to retrieve the cart and if we saw a cart in the lot we had to go grab it.
    Thank you. And if we could carry it all we did, didn't use a cart..

13. Member
    BTW, I will add that I am old enough to remember when I was a kid if we had a cart full of food, we would leave it at the storefront and come back with the car and someone would load our car for us.

That was nice. But truth be told, I much prefer checking out and packing my food myself and then bringing it to the car myself in the cart. Some people that still bag food for food stores just sort of pack the food including fruits pretty roughly at the bottom of the bag and sort of throw things on top.

I'm perfectly okay with that aspect of food shopping changing. It's cool that you might have nostalgic memories of how food shopping was different back then. But the reality is that we, as Americans, allowed huge economies of scale to dominate our food markets and the small grocery stores will never be able to compete with the big guys on price. And I'd prefer to see the small grocery stores put that money towards having people tend to a delicious hot bar or anything else that could bring into the grocery that local buyer that really likes the store for those custom touches..

I would definitely be in favor if more stores wanted to spend money on hiring people to hide in the parking lot and sort of watch people not put away their cart. They could sneak up on them and ZAP them good with some kind of electric charge. Just enough to make them jump and see spots for a minute or so. That would be a really fun job for one of those athletic high school kids with a good head on their shoulders I bet.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234