Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duncankopprichardson View Post
    its not so much the words but that forced twang that gets me
    yeh I don't know anybody from IL that has a twang. But I guess if you are close enough to KY you could
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    It gets weirder and grumpier on here every day...
    unreal

3. Member
    It is wild to see but i dont mind it.. Im 37 and when i was 15-22 fishing the federation states, regionals etc.. i never even spoke, i was like 1/4 of most everyones age

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    I don’t think the young guns in fishing are looking for a geezer fan base. The torch is being passed as it always has been.
    Yep that’s a fact nothing ever escapes the passing of the Torch and these Young Bass Fishermen aren’t waiting for it to be passed they have taken a hold of it and not looking back. They are well prepared with a lot of fishing experience at a younger age than their predecessors plus a better understanding of the latest technology.

The quickness of their success isn’t setting well with the older crowd and it usually never does. The Rookie Bryce Harper was drilled by the first pitch of his first MLB Game he ran immediately to first base accepting the message.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post
    yeh I don't know anybody from IL that has a twang. But I guess if you are close enough to KY you could
    I am from the same southern IL area and my whole family has a southern accent. We've all lived in IL whole life. People from northern IL think I am from the deep south when I talk to them. I always tell them I got it from my grandma that spent a bunch of time in south. It does exist in southern IL. Some more than others.

Go Trey! Kid is good. Big deal if he doesn’t speak your language……..
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rid 05 198 View Post
    A lot of people sound funny,... y'all know what I mean?
    That’s right You Guys! And I was born in Waukegan Il.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Gotta rizz them fish bruh.
    on god, bruh. On my mama.

9. Member
    where I am from here in VA sounds a lot different than those in Northern VA. those people are yankees to us.
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage33 View Post
    on god, bruh. On my mama.
    I hear it all day at school and then my 2 start with it at home
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

11. Member
    Yep 4 years of college and Daddies money will get you a long way. Just saying. How many on here could afford a 80,000-dollar bass boat +all the sonar + entry fees when you were growing up.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rjvana37 View Post
    Yep 4 years of college and Daddies money will get you a long way. Just saying. How many on here could afford a 80,000-dollar bass boat +all the sonar + entry fees when you were growing up.
    This is no different than parents shelling out money for travel baseball, softball, hockey, soccer, etc. Hell my hometown is known for its wrestling programs and it's nothing for parents to drop 3k for a weekend wrestling tournament after you factor in flights, hotels, meals etc.

13. Member
    ...forgot to mention less tolerant of anyone who is not just like you.

14. Member
    Yeah, you just don't hear that something is the " cats meow" much anymore.

15. Member
    Sure does. 99% of the bass fishermen I know use a vernacular specific to that sport and/or to their particular region. Everyone outside either demographic could poke plenty of fun or rudely criticize said vernacular and the bass fisherman probably wouldn’t like it. So what makes it fair game here? “I don’t like him/them because of the way they talk” is beyond the pale.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duece22 View Post
    This is no different than parents shelling out money for travel baseball, softball, hockey, soccer, etc. Hell my hometown is known for its wrestling programs and it's nothing for parents to drop 3k for a weekend wrestling tournament after you factor in flights, hotels, meals etc.

I think there a huge difference in money spent. But that isn't the point. I was just recalling the differences in the "hip hop" culture in fishing now. I never said it was bad, it's just strange to hear it while watching fishing.
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

17. Member
    These kinds of comments just make m shake my head. You are making an assumption without any facts. If you have a respectful, well rounded child who has high hopes or just enjoys participating in any sport or activity, as a parent, why WOULDN'T you help them and give them as much as you can? If daddy can afford the nice things...that's awesome!!! I don't understand why people can't just be happy for each other.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post
    I think there a huge difference in money spent. But that isn't the point. I was just recalling the differences in the "hip hop" culture in fishing now. I never said it was bad, it's just strange to hear it while watching fishing.
    It's all relative. Spending $3k to $10k on travel sports is about like buying your child a $80k bass boat?

He's 19....not sure he's been to college yet.

If they ever do a reboot of classic cartoons he could do the voice over to this character. HE NEVER SHUTS UP

You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast