Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I don’t think I can do another summer of Hey Dudes!!

I’m willing to admit that I was all in on Hey Dudes from the start. My feet get hot very easily so I really liked how light they are. The lack of support around my foot is paying a toll as well as how flattened out they get . I want a slip on that is light with support. I went to academy and tried on the sketchers line,, no thank you! I’m open to ideas. I’m willing to spend some money if it’s worth it. I found a great pair of Brooks for $150 but they had laces and I don’t want that.

2. #FRB
    I was going to suggest HOKA Arahi 7 in white but...anyway, that's what I fish in now and love the support they give me. You could probably keep them somewhat loose so you could still slip them on and off.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

3. Member
    Never heard anyone saying Skechers were not comfortable.

What I’ve been doing the last few years is finding a shoe I like the looks of and then add aftermarket insoles
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

5. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    What I’ve been doing the last few years is finding a shoe I like the looks of and then add aftermarket insoles
    I somewhat do this but the shoe has to be really close in stock form. First thing I do is rip out the stock insoles and replace them with gel Dr. Scholls insoles for fat people. Doing over 20000 steps a day on a concrete floor will quickly tell your feet which shoe is best. Finding a shoe that will last more than a couple months while staying comfortable is the hard part.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

6. Member
    Hey Dudes were always just for style rather than function, and a fad that the cool kids wore imo. Just looking at them you could tell there’s no support.

you stick with running or walking shoes for the best support. I prefer brooks over most everything else, but Hoka, ON, New Balance, Saucony, Craft etc all make quality shoes with a lot of support.
    Last edited by ECobb91; 04-17-2024 at 06:45 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

7. Member
    Vote #2 for Saucony

8. Member
    I like my Birkies for slip in's and have a couple of pairs around the house and for boating. Good support too.

Probably not related, but I ran in Asics for over twenty years and still have a few pairs in the closet that get worn often. Tried everything in between when they were on sale (Nike, NB, Adidas) and got shin splints from Nike's. Have heard good things about Saucony but never got around to trying them. A few of my friends that ran marathons were into them.

I like the wide foot shape of Altra.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    I was going to suggest HOKA Arahi 7 in white but...anyway, that's what I fish in now and love the support they give me. You could probably keep them somewhat loose so you could still slip them on and off.
    This^ the only negative thing is you have to add three inches to your drivers license info��

11. Member
    I wear Keen Newport sandles all summer long. I have some foot issues as well. Never an issue with my feet bothering me in this footwear. Not slip on per say, but you can slip them on easily.

12. Member
    I have been liking OluKai slip ons. I have their leather shoes and slippers, comfortable with decent support.

I read some good review last year and tried Grundens fishing shoes. Good support and comfort. Really like them.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

14. Member
    i will second that i can not wear sketchers, i have recently switched to Hey Dudes and so far they are working well......no arch support, maybe but i have flat feet and shoes like sketchers feel comfortable at the start lots of support and like walking on a soft pad but after wearing them awhile my feet start aching bad and i can hardly walk.

i always used to wear crocs not the standard crocs but their canvas shoe and flip flops and they were great but they stopped making them and i been looking for replacements ever since

15. Member
    Asics or Brooks.

16. Member
    The Sketcher line works great for me. Have to get the wide fit but they work great.

17. Member
    Hoka’s but they have laces.

Hoka is all I wear now. My wife has converted as well.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatlildave View Post
    I like the wide foot shape of Altra.
    i tried on a pair of Altras for the first time, they felt great and I’d buy a pair if I didn’t find the Brooks I was looking for but man they are wide. They definitely have a different look about them.
    Last edited by ECobb91; 04-17-2024 at 07:02 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

20. Member
    Wife and daughter have been enjoying their OnClouds for about nine months now. Hooka's just don't have the same style, but I've heard they're comfortable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast