Ranger R93 Fuel Question

I'm sorry for such a novice questions and I understand there is many many variables for the answer. But here go 1999 Ranger R93 with 99 Mercury 200EFI

I use my boat very little and when I do I only run a few miles a day. I'm fishing big tournament on big lake. There are only a few gas stations in the area and I'm sure they will be filled with boats. My question is, I have a 47 gallon tank, on average with a 2 man tournament load. How many days can I get out of that tank. I know it can vary, but what have you guys experienced. Also, my 2 gallon oil tank is full, how many gallons of full should this last me? THanks everyone

2. Member
    Short answer, one day or two tops. I fished out of a buddy’s boat for years that had a 99 model 225 EFI, and that is a very thirsty engine. He and I frequently fished a body of water on which we typically ran ~6 miles one way, then back another 8-10 miles the other way, with a few side trips in between. Much of the time we simply idled between spots that were 1/4 or so apart. That engine used just as much fuel while idling as on plane! At the end of a day where we covered maybe 30 miles, we’d use 20 gallons of fuel. You say that you typically only go a few miles a day, but in this case you’re fishing a big tournament on a big lake. “A few miles” on a big lake times all the stops you make in a day, especially when under the gun, adds up quicker than you think. I highly doubt you’ll use more than 20 gallons in a day unless you run end to end on that lake, but do you want to run low on fuel when a few minutes fueling up is all it takes to be safe? That EFI of my buddy’s got about 1.5-2 mpg at best, and he never ever ran full speed. Get out your lake map and your ruler and make an estimate of how far you’ll run, then double that. For oil consumption, do the math at 50:1 ratio. 50 gallons of gas to 1 gallon of oil.

3. Member
    fill oil tank and carry an extra gallon in rear area (make sure nothing sharp to punch hole in bottle) fill gas tank up. i went to canada one yr and filled boat at the border and ran all week on one tank of fuel but it was a di not a efi engine

both full should be plenty for a 2 day event hopefully the prop is right because you will be heavy!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools