Thread: Can't decide

Can't decide

Trying to figure out which poles to purchase for my 2006 520VX Ranger. The new blades with the one pump are sounding great because only have to mount one pump BUT they are quite expensive. Are the sportsmans or pros a better value? Also, it seems most go for 8' models is everyone happy with their 8 footers?

2. Member
    I have the Raptors but have some buddies with the sportsman's and or pro's, none of us have any complaints. I believe the blades have the best warranty out of all three models but at the same time you definitely pay for that. If money isn't that big of a deal go with the single pump blades. 8 footers keep you pinned in that 6.5 foot or less range.

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply!

4. Member
    When I had 12' Talons, they were great for that 7-8' range. Once I got a TM with spotlock they weren't needed. I like my 8' PP, although on rare occasions when fishing shallow where the bottom is very soft, and not wanting to engage the TM, I wish they were 10'. On the other hand, 10' PP do stick up quite far.

5. Member
    Talked with Roy at Wacky Riggers. I would suggest getting in touch with him. Talked me through with what I will be purchasing soon. He actually changed my mind on what I thought I wanted.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    We would be happy to help you america's largest shallow water anchor dealer best package pricing .. BBc sponsor and Moderator for over 10 years NOBODY does it better

7. Member
    I have had the Sportsman 2s and currently the Pro 2s, friend of mine has the blades. They all work great, If I was buying again I would just get the Sportsman 2s the extra cost of the other 2 isn't really worth it in my opinion. Best customer service in the industry though, the pro 2s on mine are long out of warranty and one was starting to not hold as well, I contacted them and they sent me a new valve kit and fluid for free, easy install and it works like new again. The spikes have lifetime warranty as well, got 2 new ones sent for free at the beginning of this year to replace the old worn out ones.

8. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    I know the feeling. Currently in your same situation. I want the blade for the one pump, can get blue, and I like how the spike is somewhat recessed when stowed. However I found a place online that sells wraps for poles so I could get make the pro series 2 blue. It saves money but I don't want to have any regrets. I'm 90 percent sure I am going with the one pump blades but have yet to pull the trigger. Good problem to have I guess.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude520 View Post
    I know the feeling. Currently in your same situation. I want the blade for the one pump, can get blue, and I like how the spike is somewhat recessed when stowed. However I found a place online that sells wraps for poles so I could get make the pro series 2 blue. It saves money but I don't want to have any regrets. I'm 90 percent sure I am going with the one pump blades but have yet to pull the trigger. Good problem to have I guess.
    here if needed best package pricing

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KT978 View Post
    Talked with Roy at Wacky Riggers. I would suggest getting in touch with him. Talked me through with what I will be purchasing soon. He actually changed my mind on what I thought I wanted.
    This
    Dave
    2023 Ranger Z518/ Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    A little shout out for Kevin at K&K Kustomz. The boat I purchased used came with 8' Blades. Since I previously had Talons, I knew nothing about the PP's. Not only did I have some small issues, but lots of questions as well. Kevin, knowing full well I wasn't buying anything, still took time to answer every question, as well as walk me through solving some of the issues I was having. That ranked right up there in my book!

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    A little shout out for Kevin at K&K Kustomz. The boat I purchased used came with 8' Blades. Since I previously had Talons, I knew nothing about the PP's. Not only did I have some small issues, but lots of questions as well. Kevin, knowing full well I wasn't buying anything, still took time to answer every question, as well as walk me through solving some of the issues I was having. That ranked right up there in my book!