Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I’d worry more about coming in the money first, worry about how you split it later. Not going to have to worry about splitting if you go home with empty pockets.
    2017 Nitro Z20 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    MK Ultrex 112# Mega DI/ Mega 360
    Console: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MSI G3N
    Bow: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MDI G4N

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Combs View Post
    I’d worry more about coming in the money first, worry about how you split it later. Not going to have to worry about splitting if you go home with empty pockets.
    No, better to have this stuff figured out before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    Every one here has been a Team format, but there aren't many of them. You're in Texas, so Big Bass tournaments are probably more popular. Isn't the Skeeter Owner's Tournament, annually held on Lake Fork, a Team format though?
    No sir ---

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    I know this is a big bass tournament but they might be willing to write 2 checks then both of you get a 1099, that's what they do for the team circuit I fish.
    That’s how it was with us

This happened to me. I won $16,600 in a big fish tournament with previous agreement with partner to split any and all winnings. Since the win was in my name I didn't want to eat all the taxes. I had to issue him a 1099 for his half.
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure

I'm thinking if I'm in a big bass contest only like the Big Bass Bash that just ended at LOTO, I take the winnings alone on any fish I weigh in. My Partner will keep anything he receives.
    Thats not how it should be in a buddy type fishing event where the combined weight is measured even if there is a big bass side pot.

Quote Originally Posted by dchance View Post
    This happened to me. I won $16,600 in a big fish tournament with previous agreement with partner to split any and all winnings. Since the win was in my name I didn't want to eat all the taxes. I had to issue him a 1099 for his half.
    This is what you do and it should be in writing before the tournament starts. Person who receives a 1099 from tournament, splits winnings and issues a 1099 for the half paid to the partner.

P01135809

Very good topic…

now how many need these details?

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Pretty simple 50/50 split, it's not that hard to figure out.
    Have done this from the very start of my team tournaments.

20 some years ago, I had a partner that we fished 2 different Team Circuits. We switched off using each other boat. The way we worked it, Fill the tanks on both truck and boat before the tournament and upon returning home.....split the cost. Then split the cost of any entry fees and launch fees. Then split any winnings 50/50. Each guy received 1099's.

Then I fished a couple of draw team tournaments too. Same thing on gas and fees, BUT, any winnings were, 20% to the boat, then split what was left and both get 1099's. Everything agreed on BEFORE blast off !! Never had a problem.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12