Need help/advice with Motorguide Tour trolling motor

I have a Motorguide Tour, 82 lbs, 24v, Model 942100020. When I press on the pedal the arrow on top lights up (so I know it is getting power), but the prop does not turn. I took the prop off and everything looks good - pin is fine, no line around shaft, etc. Any ideas on thoughts re what the problem may be or what further troubleshooting I should do? TIA! Art
    1992 Champion 201 DCR
    1995 Mercury 200hp Black Max

2. Member
    Check voltage of each battery, check for loose connections, corroded wire, etc.

3. Member
    I would say Water intrusion. The problem is in the motor. Remove prop and loosen the the thru bolt and see if any water comes out. Just a heads up. Most of the parts are not available any more from Motor Guide. You can find them on the internet.

4. Member
    Just prior to the prop stopping I hit some underwater debris. Would you guess that "broke the seal" on the motor and water got inside and caused the damage? Can the insides of the motor be replaced?
    1992 Champion 201 DCR
    1995 Mercury 200hp Black Max

5. Member
    It could have moved the skag off of dead center and allowed water to go in or if it moved it enough it could have caused the wires to touch the armature and cut them. To troubleshoot it would require a tare down of the motor.
    Parts are still available online, but I would be very careful and make sure they are available before you order. Motor Guide does not support this motor any more, but they do have the 75# complete motor for about $450

I have read that it has a “reset after a hard hit” that is programmed into the electronic software. They said to have the switch on, and spin the 0/10 several times , both ways. Do a google search. Maybe that’s the issue. Good luck ��
    2006 Triton TR186, 175 Optimax,

7. Member