Thread: Tax day

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tax day

Who waited yesterday to file? I like to wait till the last minute to hand over money to the government. Damn thieves.

2. Member
    Filed and paid yesterday morning at 5:30 am prior to leaving for work.. Had them done and complete back in January. I always wait till last minute to file when I owe them, which apparently now is every year.. Back in the day, when I was getting a refund they never added any interest to my money they were holding on to until the last minute... No reason I shouldn't be putting "theirs" to work for me as long as I can.

3. Member
    According to Mark Cuban...he sent them $288 million this year.

I think 38% is the top bracket??? Equates to $758 million in earnings. Not a bad year.

4. Member
    I did also damn thieves

21 XD 225 Merc

5. Member
    Are you guys not happy funding two wars? both sides of the one in the middle east and paying for 8+million illegal invaders at home.....how dare you.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsh Skeeter View Post
    Are you guys not happy funding two wars? both sides of the one in the middle east and paying for 8+million illegal invaders at home.....how dare you.
    100%. I paid in again and got a $90 penalty for not having enough with held. It's funny, that the government can keep tax payers money and send out multi thousand dollar refunds and they don't have to pay a penalty.

7. Member
    You haven’t seen nothing yet - if Biden’s new tax plan passes.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill Creek View Post
    According to Mark Cuban...he sent them $288 million this year.

I think 38% is the top bracket??? Equates to $758 million in earnings. Not a bad year.
    You're whole income isn't charged as your top tax bracket.

9. Member
    New England gets an extra day for Patriot's Day so I just paid my 1st Q estimated taxes today. Have another 2 months to file 2023 return due to being in disaster area.
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

10. Member
    They received my amended for 2022 on 3-7-23. Every time I call about it they blame the delay on Covid-19. Of course they owe me a refund.

11. Member
    Canadians have until April 30 th. to file, I usually have to send a small cheque every year, at least I get to keep my money as long as possible !

Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    You're whole income isn't charged as your top tax bracket.
    True but when you bring in That much you will have an effective rate at the top of the scale.

13. Member
    Had to file an extension at the last minute. Normally they take the money out of one of my accounts and I thought I had enough in there to cover it. We sold a second home and I under estimated what would be due on that so I had to extend, mail in a check and sell some of my money market mutual fund so the cash was in the account. Real pain in the butt.

14. Member
    I no longer participate in this game

15. Member
    I always wait until the last day. Got a little back this year.

16. Member
    I paid at the last minute, 1/2 of what I paid last year. You retire and spend some of your savings and your tax bracket goes up, and it sucks. Should've had more Roth IRAs.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

Quote Originally Posted by John B. View Post
    True but when you bring in That much you will have an effective rate at the top of the scale.
    Heck yes…anything over 694K approx for a married couple filing jointly is all taxed at 37 percent for 2023.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Sent my form in a month ago, had overpaid about $6k for 2023 so I told them to keep it so I don’t have to pay estimated taxes for Q1 2024.

19. Member
    I owed ~ $4,500 and got a penalty for not paying estimated taxes. I probably covered a second or so of the interest on our debt. I'm sure they can use it better than I could...

20. Member
    I did, filed at around 2200 last night. For some reason my withholding changed this year and had to write a bigger check this year. Sucks!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast