Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs Up Buddies that have won the lottery...

I've had 3 buddies win some nice cash over the years in the lottery.... First buddy was my road sergeant and he won $2.3 million! He did the 30 year payout and got $79k a year. It helped me cuz I got promoted to sergeant when he retired!! His girlfriend had recently moved out and broken up with him right before he won it too!! My second buddy won $100k, he was a detective sergeant in the bureau.... he bought everyone on dayshift lunch, but of course kept working. Recently, my retired sergeant won $500k, got like $350k after taxes. He actually had the ticket in his wallet for 3 weeks before he decided to check it.. I very rarely ever play but maybe I should.....
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic 125/100 lithium batteries

I won the lottery with my beautiful wife and kids. Money doesn’t buy happiness, but I’d sure like to try it out for myself some day!

3. Member
    Brother-in-law hit a $100K scratch off twice, in the same year. Never spent a dime. Re-invested it and made a small fortune.

A wealthy man told me that whoever said money won’t buy happiness wasn’t shopping in the right store.

"I'm just looking for a bite"

I won 10 bucks a few weeks ago

6. Member
    Good for them! I won $3 and thought I was doing good...
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

Quote Originally Posted by JB134 View Post
    Brother-in-law hit a $100K scratch off twice, in the same year. Never spent a dime. Re-invested it and made a small fortune.
    Good on him, he's the exception.

Blindly pick 1000 people at random and give them each $1,000,000 free and clear to do with as they please. It's likely that the vast majority will be in the same or likely worse financial situation they were before the money while the minority would have paid off debt first, invested second and then allowed themselves an indulgence third.
    Ranting incoherently

8. Member
    $20,000 ahead on the lottery. Never bought a ticket!

9. Member
    Have a friend who won 50 million. Retired, moved to Innsbruck near Tampa and bought a beautiful Viking and spends most of his time traveling or chasing billfish.

I fished with a guy in a BFL who's ex-wife won $100M literally right after they divorced. Talk about bad luck. I want to say she also had gotten from him alimony and child support too, but after winning the millions gave zero F's about him or his financial struggles.

And I outfished him that day too. I think that really cut him the deepest.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxFishing View Post
    I won 10 bucks a few weeks ago
    Me too

Sounds to me we need to become buddies.

13. Member
    When I was still working, I had 2 guys in my department that won .1 guy won 50,000, my inspector won 1 million. The guy that won the 50 was broke in 6 mo. and filed bankruptcy. The guy that won the Million split it with his father.

14. Member
    I just wish I could have all the money back I've spent on lottery tickets, about $10..0 a week for 40-45 years, once in a while I'll break even (every 2 months) !

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    Good on him, he's the exception.

Blindly pick 1000 people at random and give them each $1,000,000 free and clear to do with as they please. It's likely that the vast majority will be in the same or likely worse financial situation they were before the money while the minority would have paid off debt first, invested second and then allowed themselves an indulgence third.
    Very true. A windfall can be a dangerous thing for those who are not use to managing investments and money.

16. Member
    My old boss was spending over 100k on scratch offs a year. he would win 10k every once in a while. way upside down. Lost his business. I saw him this morning at the gas station scratching away. I told him thats a bad habit. Has been been doing that for around 8 plus years now. sad
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    My old boss was spending over 100k on scratch offs a year. he would win 10k every once in a while. way upside down. Lost his business. I saw him this morning at the gas station scratching away. I told him thats a bad habit. Has been been doing that for around 8 plus years now. sad
    I worked with 2 guys when i was younger that would buy whole rolls of tickets a couple times a week. Never saw them hit much of anything

18. Member
    I know four 7 figure winners, two were in "pool's" with other workers. You would not know it if not told other than maybe a new car or truck, for the most part they have no debt. and some are still working in some way. You just hear about the one's that do the stupid stuff as that make's a good new's story.

I know 0 people lucky enough to win. But I do know a few people that make Jackpot money each year.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    Sounds to me we need to become buddies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast