Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I wish Basscat would make an STS boat without the built in net holder

Love the new STS boats and they are on my short list but that net holder just seems to disrupt the storage flexibility of the middle front deck storage boxes (especially on the Puma STS). Just trying to get my head around on how I would use that space.

Well, you could put a net in it…
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adchunts View Post
    Well, you could put a net in it…
    It serves no function to me as I either grab them or boat flip them. A better place would be to put the the net behind the console seating like a lot of other boat builders - Easy access and out of the way. I had a Phoenix and the net was never removed from its floor location in five years, and I caught plenty of big fish in that boat.
    Last edited by Whiteboat; 04-15-2024 at 07:08 PM.

4. Member
    Put life jackets in it, throw cushion, rod socks.

Rain gear (in sealed bag), cushion, life vests, soft goods, paddle, etc.

Remember it has no seal and thus gets very wet with drainage.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post

What BCB said, I have a Puma FTD with the same layout as the STS and use it for paddle and cushion to get those items out of the driver side rod box.

7. Member

You beat me to it. Lots of things can be stored there if a net is not needed for your style.

I miss the net storage on my P4 so much. Wish the new classic had some sort of net area but I understand it is a recreational boat lacking the premium features.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    Love the new STS boats and they are on my short list but that net holder just seems to disrupt the storage flexibility of the middle front deck storage boxes (especially on the Puma STS). Just trying to get my head around on how I would use that space.
    Use it as a net holder for a while to see how easy it is to access when needed. I put it in the same category as the recess foot pedal where many throw shade at it having never actually used it. Then after using it and seeing the advantages of being that far forward they become a fan of it. Same w/ the net storage. There is a great video of someone accessing it while fighting a fish when alone. Perhaps someone will post a link to the video that may help put the net storage in a better light.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com

10. Member
    I think he is not talking about what to use the net area for. I think he has same problem as I would, the main storage box is divide in half and has tons of angles in it from the net storage passing right through the center of it. I am a 3700 size storage box guy and there looks to be know way to use that compartment for those type boxes in an organized way. I think the answer is get the new Caracal STS or a Jaguar STS if you want or need a bigger or deeper hull boat. They have compartments that hold 3700's style boxes better for OCD people who want them all lined up with labels up.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by rlb8s View Post
    Use it as a net holder for a while to see how easy it is to access when needed. I put it in the same category as the recess foot pedal where many throw shade at it having never actually used it. Then after using it and seeing the advantages of being that far forward they become a fan of it. Same w/ the net storage. There is a great video of someone accessing it while fighting a fish when alone. Perhaps someone will post a link to the video that may help put the net storage in a better light.
    yup. I fish solo tourneys a lot and would keep it in the center net compartment out of the way and could easily take it out to land a fish solo. it was also extremely handy for team tournaments as it was easy to access but yet stayed out of the way.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

The immediate access of the dip net is underestimated in the function.

I fish by myself 90% of the time, net location is perfect for me.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

14. Member
    The immediate access of the dip net is underestimated in the function.
    While I don't like losing the storage in the center box, I really like being able to get the net out so easily. If that net box wasn't there, I'd probably be whining about not having a place to store the net.

I used to think Phoenix did a great job on their boats... with the way the net goes up under the center console. Wrong. The more I've been in a Phoenix and had to fool with that net, the more I hate it. It's not quick. The Ego Slider nets won't fit in there. The nets Phoenix uses (I think they're Ranger?) drive me insane. The little push-pins to extend/retract the net are awful. I've pinched fingers more times than I can count. It's even harder to do in cold weather.
    2023 Puma STS

15. Member
    I have a Caracal SP 2023. My first Bass Cat. The net storage is unique in that boat, and I think has some disadvantages. What the Caracal SP does have, is a fantastic front deck rod locker and storage layout. Maybe you should have a look at the Caracal SP.

16. Member
    Great option from Norsemen Outdoors. I’ve had this StowMaster Tournament Bass Net since 2006 lifetime warranty except on the net. I recently had a small part break had a replacement part in three days. Folds easily and is a high quality product that fits in almost any compartment. Made in IA with great customer service highly recommend. It’s not a cheap purchase but, will last and is very functional and stowable. I have a Caracal and have never needed to use the net stow slot preferring to have on the deck.

17. Member
    I like to be organized with my Tackle and it took me a minute or so to get used to the divided storage. I put most of all my tackle in regular plano style boxes and my new baits like spinnerbaits etc in large ziplock. If you turn the Plano boxes vertical you can get 20 boxes in the middle storage then I put my 3-4 day use boxes up front. That’s about 24 or so boxes plus bags or spinnerbait boxes and I leave the the back for my partner. Borrowed some duck dape from daughter to keep them all labeled. :)
    IMG_3900.jpeg
    IMG_3899.jpeg

18. Member
    This is what I love about bass cat... not just your "traditional" deck layout. I'm running the cougar and love it has a dedicated net storage out of the way. My last boat (ranger) had no place to put the net, it was always in the way. If I didn't use a net I wouldn't be needing anymore storage because there was a dedicated net space. I think you over thinking it...

There is only so much space on any boat. BCB provides plenty of storage even with the net divider.

I keep a net and weigh bagin mine. Once I caught a 5.5 and 3.5 on a top water. Glad I had easy access to the net then

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast