where are all you located !

I'm just curious on where in this iowa/Nebraska where everyone is located. I will start, I'm in desmoines iowa... name is Tim Ballard.

2. Member
    I live in south west Iowa. Not far from Atlantic IA. I’m very lucky to have a lot of public lakes under 45min drive. Been married to my wonderful wife 19yrs! I have a wonderful 14yr daughter. I’ve had lots of hobbies over the years. I really only got back into fish 7-8 years ago. We got a camper for something we could do as a family together. We really loved that and it was really a fun time, I took my fishing pole and wanted to take my girl fishing and I enjoyed it very much……. Fast forward to now. My daughter is into other things and we don’t have the camper now but I still fish as much as I can. First boat was a 16ft John boat. That worked good. I sold that and got a 18ft glass bass boat. It was been great, I will get a 20ft next but will have to have a bigger shed/garage lol.

3. Member
    I fish several times a week and from Lincoln, NE. I fish/travel and camp, plan to make some fishing trips to Iowa.

4. Member
    I'm in Lincoln, but don't get out nearly enough
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    2006 Ranger 521 svx
    2006 Evinrude Etec E225DHLSDF #05135216

(Dads)
    1995 Champion 202
    1997 Johnson Venom 200STLEUB SN# G04338914 Built 4/97

Live in Fremont, Nebraska and have to travel farther and farther to find enjoyable lakes to fish. The lakes around here are not in good shape and the ones that are newly built or refurbished get destroyed in pretty short order.

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    I'm in Waverly, Iowa which is in the NE section of the state. There's not a whole lot of lakes in my area and most of the ones within a 30 minute drive have been hit pretty hard by the ongoing drought. There are a couple of lakes about an hour away that must have more water that flows into them since they haven't lost more than a foot or so of water, so I have a feeling I will be fishing them a lot more this season unless we get a ton of rain around here.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    I'm in Waverly, Iowa which is in the NE section of the state. There's not a whole lot of lakes in my area and most of the ones within a 30 minute drive have been hit pretty hard by the ongoing drought. There are a couple of lakes about an hour away that must have more water that flows into them since they haven't lost more than a foot or so of water, so I have a feeling I will be fishing them a lot more this season unless we get a ton of rain around here.
    Did you get some bad storms yesterday night? I was watching the weather channel and looked like that part of the state got some nast stuff.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    Did you get some bad storms yesterday night? I was watching the weather channel and looked like that part of the state got some nast stuff.
    Not as bad as what they were originally thinking. We didn't get hail, there weren't any tornadoes (at least anywhere around Waverly), the winds were strong but not terrible, and the lightning wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We got dumped on periodically with some heavy rain (I believe we got around 2 inches or so), but we're so dry right now that it just soaked right in in most areas. We still had some ditches with some standing water this morning when I came to work, but I'm guessing that will soak in shortly. I was really hoping that there would be some runoff that would make it's way into the local lake that is about 12 feet low, but the ground soaked it up before it could ever get there. We're going to need some major rain amounts in order to get the runoff and get some water flowing out of the field tiles and into the lake. Most of Iowa is in some level of drought, but most of NE Iowa is in the extreme drought area, so we're hurting even worse than the rest of the state.

9. Member
    Chappell NE... about 30 mins for Lake Mac which I fish a lot.

10. Member
    Boone. Fish Brushy a lot and a few other lakes in the area. I bought Babe's^ old Evinrude and it was a beast of a motor. It's now in the hands of a HS angler up in MN

11. Member
    Great glad it treated you well!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BasscatJake View Post
    Boone. Fish Brushy a lot and a few other lakes in the area. I bought Babe's^ old Evinrude and it was a beast of a motor. It's now in the hands of a HS angler up in MN
    nice! I fish brushy quite a bit too but longer drive from desmoines! I sure wish the smallies were in there like when it first opened 20 plus years ago. I been going up to mille lacs for big smallies the last couple years

Caught some monster smallies this weekend on Okoboji. Had numerous 4+ lbs fish, one 5lb fish and 1 over 6lbs. Lost 2 others at the boat that were probably around 5 lbs. Also, caught a 30.75" walleye that weighted over 12 lbs. It was crappy weather mostly with the wind and cold temps but the smallies were biting on offshore structure.

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

14. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JACQUART21 View Post
    Caught some monster smallies this weekend on Okoboji. Had numerous 4+ lbs fish, one 5lb fish and 1 over 6lbs. Lost 2 others at the boat that were probably around 5 lbs. Also, caught a 30.75" walleye that weighted over 12 lbs. It was crappy weather mostly with the wind and cold temps but the smallies were biting on offshore structure.
    Love those lakes up there. Great largemouth fishing there as well
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JACQUART21 View Post
    That would be so awesome!! I would love to get up there for a day like that!

16. Member
    Aron, did you fish the tournament on Okoboji last weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Roly View Post
    Aron, did you fish the tournament on Okoboji last weekend?
    Yes, fished 3 days total. Did absolutely terrible on tourney day. 2 days before I had a pretty consistent smallmouth bite going even with the terrible cold/wind. Sunday morning was sunny and calm, a lot of the fish I was catching had moved off where they were held up through the cold front. Ended up losing 3 good fish (4-6lb smallies) at the boat within the first hour. Then struggled to find and get bites the rest of the day. Would've had a better result power fishing 6-12' of water pretty much anywhere and just covering water.

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS