Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Iran launches a large-scale attack against our ally, but since it turned out to be fairly easily dealt with and didn't result in a lot of damage, let's try to twist Israel's arm to not retaliate and instead, go with the 'no harm, no foul' rule...

I shot at you and meant to kill you, but I missed. So, no hard feelings and we'll call it good, right?

I guess I just don't get the mindset.
    This for sure.....What if Iran did the same to the US and Israel told us we should do nothing and just shrug it of????

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    They have been killing each other for thousands of years. Never going to change. We should stay out of it. We have built Israel’s army and Air Force up for 50 years. Let them handle it.
    IMHO, Israel should have carte blanche to deal with the threat as they see fit.[/QUOTE]

This they will still be killing each other in a thousand more years if they have the chance!!!!
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

It was not an embassy. It was in fact a headquarters of the IRGC.

3. Member
    That attack by Iran was coordinated by all parties involved. Everyone knew when and how it would go. No civilians targeted. Iran "saves face" with its allies for attacking Israel. Israel, US, and UK get to practice their air defense. US will now give more money to Isreal. Just read an article that Turkish Rep. said US gave the OK but under certain conditions.
    I just can't understand why 44 and 46 have enabled Iran to become the most powerful country in the Middle East through monetary policies.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    You do know that attack on the embassy killed the master mind of the Oct 7 attack.
    That would be the attack that Israeli intelligence had the plan for and of which the Israeli government ignored.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenn.todd View Post
    That attack by Iran was coordinated by all parties involved. Everyone knew when and how it would go. No civilians targeted. Iran "saves face" with its allies for attacking Israel. Israel, US, and UK get to practice their air defense. US will now give more money to Isreal. Just read an article that Turkish Rep. said US gave the OK but under certain conditions.
    I just can't understand why 44 and 46 have enabled Iran to become the most powerful country in the Middle East through monetary policies.
    And 45 said Iran could return to enriching uranium for building a bomb(s).

Quote Originally Posted by RoadrashPaul View Post
    I don’t understand this mindset. Israel broke decades of international law and order by attacking Iranian embassy. They are the instigators in this particular situation and broke norms that have been in place since the world wars. Why should we be standing by Israel when they are doing this? It’s like picking on a kid bigger than you and then running behind mommy for protection. I would also like to know when Israel became the 51st or 52nd (behind Ukraine) state? I’m not saying Iran is a good nation but in this situation Israel is causing the problems and dragging us down with them which I think is what Bibi has wanted all along to keep his corrupt self out of jail and in power.

They are trouble makers because they know the US, unfortunately, will back them up.

7. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Iran launches a large-scale attack against our ally, but since it turned out to be fairly easily dealt with and didn't result in a lot of damage, let's try to twist Israel's arm to not retaliate and instead, go with the 'no harm, no foul' rule...

I shot at you and meant to kill you, but I missed. So, no hard feelings and we'll call it good, right?

I guess I just don't get the mindset.

IMHO, Israel should have carte blanche to deal with the threat as they see fit.
    well said!
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    I am scared for what will happen here. You know there are bad actors that have crossed the southern border and are just waiting to act.
    They can bring it, I wasn't supposed to live this long anyways!

9. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    That would be the attack that Israeli intelligence had the plan for and of which the Israeli government ignored.
    Real convenient for everyone to forget that part however Bibi is going to get to the bottom of that as soon as Hamas is destroyed I would also like to see a independent report that proves the Oct 7th attacks were planned, supported and funded by Iran like many seem to think. By independent I mean non-American and non-Israeli reporting.

I have a question for some of you and I am generally curious to the answer and your opinions. As terrible as Oct 7th was does that give Israel free reign to do whatever they see fit as necessary to "destroy Hamas" forever effectively? Ted Cruz was on a podcast I listen to recently and he basically said nothing Israel has done or will do is going to far in his eyes. I am paraphrasing but I can find the exact quote if needed. I think this has become a common mindset here in the US and it is absurd to me.

10. Member
    I have a question for some of you and I am generally curious to the answer and your opinions. As terrible as Oct 7th was does that give Israel free reign to do whatever they see fit as necessary to "destroy Hamas" forever effectively?
    Yes
    ________
    $8

11. Member
    Our track record for any alterations leave a lot to be desired. Stay out of it and start replacing bridges and fixing pot holes

12. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Real convenient for everyone to forget that part however Bibi is going to get to the bottom of that as soon as Hamas is destroyed I would also like to see a independent report that proves the Oct 7th attacks were planned, supported and funded by Iran like many seem to think. By independent I mean non-American and non-Israeli reporting.

I have a question for some of you and I am generally curious to the answer and your opinions. As terrible as Oct 7th was does that give Israel free reign to do whatever they see fit as necessary to "destroy Hamas" forever effectively? Ted Cruz was on a podcast I listen to recently and he basically said nothing Israel has done or will do is going to far in his eyes. I am paraphrasing but I can find the exact quote if needed. I think this has become a common mindset here in the US and it is absurd to me.

Iran and their (of late, much improved) cash flow are basically the 'pimp' overseeing and supporting an Islamic terrorist whorehouse.

Hamas, Hezbollah, the Houthis (pick your poison), etc. are the 'working girls'.

It's a widely recognized connection.

So, yes... when you have a people/culture/nation-state(s) who've vowed not only your defeat, but your complete annihilation from the earth ("From the river, to the sea..."), you use whatever means necessary to cut off the head of the snake.
    Who controls John Gill?

Hard not to have that mindset for people that danced in the street on 9/11. If fact, they were cheering in this country about the Iran attack. One thing is certain. The terrorist quit fighting and there is no fighting. Israel quits fighting and there is no Israel.

14. Member
    Maybe we should get the President some dry erase markers for drawing red lines?

15. Member
    I have a question for some of you and I am generally curious to the answer and your opinions. As terrible as Oct 7th was does that give Israel free reign to do whatever they see fit as necessary to "destroy Hamas" forever effectively?
    Question for you, what if they did it in the US?
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

16. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LateralLine View Post
    Question for you, what if they did it in the US?
    Absolutely does not give us free rein to do whatever we want.

17. Member

18. Member

19. Member

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    I really hope that’s not true. But in today’s world you just never know.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast