How do I keep the line knot from catching grass?

I throw Carolina rig a lot but the knot in front of the hook often catches grass. What have you guys found to keep the line knot more resistant to snagging stuff? Thanks

After you tie your knot, Palomar or Uni or whatever, tie one more single hitch and tighten it down. This will make the tag lay backwards.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

3. Member
    Soonerfan is spot on. I’m surprised more pros, ie youtubers, do not give this advice. Maybe they feel it’s “their” secret.

Quote Originally Posted by troutspinner View Post
    Soonerfan is spot on. I’m surprised more pros, ie youtubers, do not give this advice. Maybe they feel it’s “their” secret.
    I got it from Guido Hibdon about 25 years ago.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

5. Member
    You can also use these. While not completely weightless, the added weight will not affect the action of your plastics.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Gamb...cpage-GHP.html
    USAF Retired 1981-2004
    Police Detective Retired 2004-2022

6. Member
    Thanks everyone

7. Member
    The trilene knot is not only excellent but the tag exits at the hook's eye and the base of the knot making it very clean and tidy, no second knot or accessory needed. Snug it up well and you can trim the tag very tight.
    trilene.jpg
    Last edited by Bassjam2000; 04-17-2024 at 03:31 PM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    After you tie your knot, Palomar or Uni or whatever, tie one more single hitch and tighten it down. This will make the tag lay backwards.
    Wow. Wish I had learned this 50 years ago!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassjam2000 View Post
    The trilene knot is not only excellent but the tag exits at the hook's eye and the base of the knot making it very clean and tidy, no second knot or accessory needed. Snug it up well and you can trim the tag very tight.
    trilene.jpg
    This is the knot I have tied for over 40 years, 95% of the time...now I'm mostly using the Double San Diego Jam or Double Pitzen for any knots tied to fluoro

10. Member
    I you're rigging it Texas style just thread the hook through a little more of the bait when rigging so the bait covers the knot.

I use the Orvis knot when tying on my hook, it also has a tag that points at the hook.

...and before you make fun of me for using such a simple knot, try it and do a comparison between it and your knot of choice. You just might be surprised!

(My working theory is it's so simple and has so few "moving" parts, it ends up being stronger than others due to less kinks in the line inside the knot, waaay less chance of burning it as you cinch it down, and less chance of screwing it up. Plus you can feel it "lock" into place to let you know you've done it correctly).
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34