Thread: Jacob Wheeler

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Jacob Wheeler

Love him or hate him he is taking everybody’s money

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER487 View Post
    Man FFS or not is he better than KVD? Just an honest question
    He is great but KVD has longevity and more championship wins. KVD has more overall wins. Wheeler can get there but it's gonna take several more years.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    He is great but KVD has longevity and more championship wins. KVD has more overall wins. Wheeler can get there but it's gonna take several more years.

I'd argue that Wheeler has done it against stiffer competition, but that's the problem when you compare eras. Babe Ruth wouldn't make a little league team these days, but when he played against shoe salesman he looked great.

This is nothing against KVD he's obviously one of the greatest if not the greatest, but just trying to spark some healthy debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Basskicker907 View Post
    I'd argue that Wheeler has done it against stiffer competition, but that's the problem when you compare eras. Babe Ruth wouldn't make a little league team these days, but when he played against shoe salesman he looked great.

This is nothing against KVD he's obviously one of the greatest if not the greatest, but just trying to spark some healthy debate.

I don't really see that. I don't think the competition at BPT is any more stout than on the Elites. Probably pretty even.

5. Member
    I don't really see that. I don't think the competition at BPT is any more stout than on the Elites. Probably pretty even.
    Oh I agree, I'm just saying the competition 30 years ago isn't as stiff as it is now.

6. Member
    There’s just too much smoke and controversy around Wheeler. It’s like he’s the home run leader in the steroid era. KVD was pure class at every turn.

7. Member
    Pure class doesn't exist in the age of social media. Too many folks spreading rumor and hate. Michael Jordan wouldn't be the star he is if he played in social media era.

I wonder if Wheeler had won redcrest this year would he bounce to BASS. That's only thing he hasn't won in MLF

8. Member
    My take on it is Wheeler was a winner pre livescope Era, and is a pro with livescope. Not knocking KVD at all, but to me that puts Wheeler ahead of KVD. He's been able to adapt and overcome.

9. Member
    Ken Duke needs to deep dive on who is ahead at the same point in their career. Also, at what point, if any Wheeler passes KVD.

They said Neil and Ott are tied for 2nd with 18 cuts made. Wheelers was in first with 31.

10. Member
    Wheeler needs to do what he’s doing for another ten 10 years. Then we’ll have the discussion. KVD was king of the mountain for 25 years.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NW.Ind.Basser View Post
    Ken Duke needs to deep dive on who is ahead at the same point in their career. Also, at what point, if any Wheeler passes KVD.

They said Neil and Ott are tied for 2nd with 18 cuts made. Wheelers was in first with 31.
    Would be interesting to get an update on this from Ken. He did it back in 2020 comparing the two and their careers up to the age of 30, and Ken gave Wheeler the edge to that point. Maybe we can put a bug in his ear and get it done. I'd love to hear him update the comparison.

12. Member
    2/3’s of BPT would never qualify thru the OPENS to get to the ELITES. That boat has sailed.

13. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    There’s just too much smoke and controversy around Wheeler. It’s like he’s the home run leader in the steroid era. KVD was pure class at every turn.
    ^^^^ This

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T. Hill View Post
    2/3’s of BPT would never qualify thru the OPENS to get to the ELITES. That boat has sailed.
    7/8ths of the Elites couldn't re-qualify through the Opens.

15. Member
    Comparing to yester-year is well,…..Time is of the time…..everyone in their time deserves their accolades, this time is simply Wheelers.

We are witnessing a person at the top of his game, using every tool available and using an intelligence level above the field. He is playing chess while the field plays checkers and his buddy DC is right beside him.

You seen Gill and Robinson this tourney, those young guns will figure it out with maturity and be the next Wheeler and DC. For now, I am enjoying history being written.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunno View Post
    Too many folks spreading rumor and hate. Michael Jordan wouldn't be the star he is if he played in social media era.
    Way too many people spreading misinformation and ridiculous statements on social media. Based on your statement of opinion, you have never set foot on a basketball court or played any sport at a highly competitive level. Jordan would be even more dominant playing in today’s NBA and he would be an even bigger star on social media. And you’re from North Carolina?

17. Member
    While I do think he is the best in the game currently, I think until he notches some Redcrests or Classics (should that ever be a thing for him) wins - he's not there.. KVD won the big ones. Clunn won the big ones. Wheeler certainly has the foundation, but got to pile on some championships. I'd count his All-American as one.. I do agree that in todays top level tournaments the field strength is better. But I think he still needs the championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Gray View Post
    While I do think he is the best in the game currently, I think until he notches some Redcrests or Classics (should that ever be a thing for him) wins - he's not there.. KVD won the big ones. Clunn won the big ones. Wheeler certainly has the foundation, but got to pile on some championships. I'd count his All-American as one.. I do agree that in todays top level tournaments the field strength is better. But I think he still needs the championships.

I think he won a FLW Championship too but I agree he needs a couple of Redcrest or Classic wins.

19. Member
    KVD 4 classics and 7 AOY vs Wheeler 0 Classics 2 AOY. KVD over 7 million $ vs Wheeler 3.5 million. he aint close yet
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

20. Member
    No way in Hell is Wheeler even in the discussion with KVD until he notches some Classic wins. Sorry, but that's just how it is.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast