Thread: License

Question License

Just a quick question about replicating licenses. If I decide I’m fishing a tournament out of Smallwood later this year which would be the better license for a week and what would be the safest to have so I’m covered. A Maryland or Virginia?
    Thanks
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

2. Member
    Hi Brain....either license will work since both states are reciprocal just make sure you get the Chesapeake Bay/Costal Sport Fishing License since you are fishing tidal water. Also, if you go above the Woodrow Wilson bridge, you will need a District of Columbia license. Maryland and Virginia licenses will not work above the bridge.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skincheese View Post
    Hi Brain....either license will work since both states are reciprocal just make sure you get the Chesapeake Bay/Costal Sport Fishing License since you are fishing tidal water. Also, if you go above the Woodrow Wilson bridge, you will need a District of Columbia license. Maryland and Virginia licenses will not work above the bridge.
    Thank you sir. Always like to ask in case there’s something squirrelly about an area.
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skincheese View Post
    Just a quick note to this string, If you are 65 or over you don't need to buy a DC license, but you must have your drivers license with you.

Good luck,
    Dave