Kentucky lake recommendations

My college buddy wants to meet next month to fish Kentucky lake. We have begun looking for a place to stay, but where would be a good area to base our fishing out of? We would rather fish than ride so we try to stay pretty close to where we intend to fish.

2. Member
    The Moors Resorts

3. Member
    Depends what part of the lake you wanna fish. There’s cabins at moors, Kentucky lake state park, the dam, there’s hotels at Paris. Take your pick.
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodRiverBandit View Post
    Depends what part of the lake you wanna fish. There’s cabins at moors, Kentucky lake state park, the dam, there’s hotels at Paris. Take your pick.
    Agreed, to be more specific, if you plan on fishing the south end, the Lake Lodge at Paris Landing is pretty slick, and was designed for fisherman. Midlake I've stayed at Fin N Feathers and Early American, both accommodate boats and you have quick access to ramps at Ken Lake, Fenton, Jonathon etc. North end I've stayed at Bel Air which is was remodeled and is now called the Lakehouse Inn at Sledd Creek. Or as mentioned the Moors you have the ramp right there, fuel, food, can't go wrong.

5. Member
    We've been at the Moors last couple of times spring crappie renting houses for groups of 6-8. Another time I got in late to the trip and I think they call it their log cabin lodge. Me and my buddy stayed there and joined the group at 'their house' for dinner & drinks. It was a basic motel room but they had a nice lodge style great room at one end couches F.P. and TV's that would be great for 2 guys. Prior to that Big Bear. Nice place but a couple of our guys insisted we move because they counted their minnows. A dozen was 12 4 dozen was 45-46 and it got under their skin. #1 on my list would be a place w a covered boat slip w power. There are a ton of places on that big lake and I don't normally fish S of the bridge at 79. I hope you get on them!

6. Member
    We are staying at Cozy Cove Waterfront Resort starting Saturday for a week. It's mid-lake or just North of mid-lake I believe. I've never been to KY Lake so it will be interesting! Hope to get on some crappie!
    2022 Tracker PT 195 TXW
    Mercury Pro XS 150hp Four stroke
    Minn Kota Terrova 55 TM 12 volt
    Garmin Echomap 73sv on Console
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv on bow
    Garmin Livescope GLS 10