Ranger with Ionic Charger

For anyone that has swapped out for Ionic Lithium batteries....will the Ionic charger fit where the current charger is mounted or will I need to find a different place for it? 2013 Z520 is it matters. I was thinking of placing 3-50s in a single tray on the port side, freeing up space to mount a spare prop in from of the charger. That is if the new charger can be placed in the same location.

Thanks.

2. Member
    I don’t know about Ionic chargers, but I’ve never seen a lithium charger as large as the Dual Pro that came in your boat.

3. Member
    I replaced my Factory installed Dual Pro in my 518c with an Ionic charger. It fit in the same area but i did need to put a larger nylon mounting board in as I remember the bolt pattern was larger.

4. Member
    Yeah, I was able to find the dimensions of the Ionic charger and it looks to be taller but more narrow so I should be able to work something up to het it to fit in the same area, thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Z518C View Post
    I replaced my Factory installed Dual Pro in my 518c with an Ionic charger. It fit in the same area but i did need to put a larger nylon mounting board in as I remember the bolt pattern was larger.
    Same here.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

6. Member
    Thanks, where are people buying the nylon board from?

7. Member
    all you have to do is place a small board under the charger to raise it up to clear the cords coming out of the bottom and mark the holes pre drill a smaller pilot hole and install new screws works great how i did mine

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skipdog View Post
    Thanks, where are people buying the nylon board from?
    Cutting Board co. They will make what ever you want and in a couple days.

https://www.cuttingboardcompany.com/cart.php

9. Member
    I have one in my 2013 Z521, no mods needed just mounted back directly where the 4 bank dual pro was.
    2013 Ranger Z521, 250 ProXS

10. Member
    Here is mine in my 521L mounted in the OEM spot. I Had no issues at all and need no mods other than new holes to match the new pattern.

IMG_0024.jpg
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

11. Member
    Well I have an older z19 and Ionic charger fit where the old charger was mounted. I put the 3 50 ah batteries on the port side freeing up a lot of room.
    2007 Ranger Z19 - 225 Pro XS