Thread: Ya know.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ya know.....

I thought it was an OK idea to sell my 2 year old boat to regroup and upgrade. Since then the prices skyrocketed and the interest rates are TERRIBLE compared to what I had. I'm not certain I'll be able to get into another new boat.
    What a stupid decision that turned out to be!
    Boatless

Dude......you shoulda known. Are you not one of us BBC genius?
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

3. Member
    im surprised you were able to sell. I just made a thread on this ill prob hang on to what I got

Quote Originally Posted by Gthunter5 View Post
    im surprised you were able to sell. I just made a thread on this ill prob hang on to what I got
    Sold right before the "ish" hit the fan
    Boatless

5. Member
    Well, all I can say is this. It would cost me $120-grand to replace what I have sitting in the garage right now, and ALL IN I'm a little north of half that on a 4-year old Bullet.

I'm glad I love it because this one is it. Done!
    Last edited by djb750; 04-12-2024 at 02:09 PM.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

6. Member
    At the current prices for everything, its not a good time to buy unless you really need it or have money burning a hole in your pocket. I would try to make do with what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    At the current prices for everything, its not a good time to buy unless you really need it or have money burning a hole in your pocket. I would try to make do with what you have.
    I don't have anything!!! That is my point. LoL
    Boatless

8. Member
    phoenix is running $5k off boats with a 250 and I believe they have a finance deal through rec lending

Quote Originally Posted by nojretlas View Post
    I don't have anything!!! That is my point. LoL

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djb750 View Post
    Well, all I can say is this. It would cost me $120-grand to replace what I have sitting in the garage right now, and ALL IN I'm a little north of half that on a 4-year old Bullet.

I'm glad I love it because this one is it. Done!
    Agreed. I bought my boat in 2019 and did not realize how lucky I was at the time. I can't see a new boat in my future. I may just repower this one down the road as long as it remains structurally sound.

10. Member
    I have similar luck trying to buy stock in my 401K. If I keep up this pace, I'll owe M. Lynch some money.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

11. Member
    Exactly why my boat is still sitting in the garage tho I know I don't use it enough to justify the insurance and upkeep.

Every year I live the more I understand why retires just hang on to what ever they have, they don't buy a bunch of furniture nor go willy nilly updating the house every five years.

Hang in there. Yiu will find one soon.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by posmallie View Post
    Agreed. I bought my boat in 2019 and did not realize how lucky I was at the time. I can't see a new boat in my future. I may just repower this one down the road as long as it remains structurally sound.
    Same here....I got a great deal on my '19 in late '19 but little did I know then how great of a deal it was. My timing was spot on.....for once!
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

14. Member
    I kind of lucked out I really didn’t like the boat I had then Covid came along and I sold my boat for almost exactly what I paid for it Brad new in 2014 I used that money to buy my 2023. I’d just buy a boat if you can there not going to go down in price in my opinion.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

15. Member
    I don’t know the caliber of boat you previously had but downsize maybe with a smaller aluminum boat? Still relatively cheap and gets you on the water until better markets or finances arrive.

16. Member

same here.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

17. Member
    Selling a vehicle to get a new one seldom makes sense financially.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

18. Member
    I'm in the exact same situation. Seemed crazy at the time to pay 50K+ for a nitro but now the same but similarly equipped would be over 70K. If I blow a powerhead out of warranty (I got a year left) I think I will just re-power. A new boat really does nothing for me as far as actually catching them. Better off saving the money not buying new, not working as much OT and fishing more
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

It's actually a fantastic time to buy boats, or trucks,.....with cash in hand.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    It's actually a fantastic time to buy boats, or trucks,.....with cash in hand.
    How so?!? Both are still way over priced.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast