Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Storage compartments that don't leak would be a novel idea...

None of these, or others posted, are new concepts and several have been publicly spoken about. That include the battery concept that has been more popular in thoughts since lithium.

The fact remains that bass boats are niche numbers, let alone the smaller niche of the premium space. We simply don’t have the volumes and pricing to fund significant developments in some areas. Plus we are relegated to the screen builders and electronics companies designs. The channels and thrust diverters are challenged by vegetation growth and navigating Lilly pads, hydrilla, mill foil and other leafy green stuff that would jam water gates.

Always good to think tank, just nothing new in this tank session yet.

BCB

Quote Originally Posted by basssj View Post
    It seems like basic boat technology has been the same for several decades.

I would like to see the following:
    1. a removable battery pack that I can take into my hotel room to recharge. It would be so much easier than trying to find a hotel that has outside outlets. The batteries would pop in and out just like with cordless tools.
    2. thrusters built into the hull so that we wouldn't need trolling motors any longer. Someone would have to figure out how to keep them from getting fouled from weeds, etc.
    3. Sonar units that can recess into their mounts just like home tvs that retract into a hidden cabinet. It would be great for theft prevention or running in big waves. We wouldn't need unused units protruding from the deck. Just pop up the unit or units that you need.

I have a bunch more ideas all along these lines.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WStorey View Post
    Doesn't Allison have something like #3 in your post?
    Eped, its a manual telescpting pole.but your only going to get one graph on it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Always good to think tank, just nothing new in this tank session yet.
    BCB
    My 1993 Panera II is still Awesome! People see it an think it's WAY newer. It does have newer electronics, trolling motor (still a foretrex), 200 Yamaha 4 Stroke, Carpet, rub rail and dash but It's Perfect for my needs and MUCH more! Your factory tour was awesome - thanks!
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicefixer View Post
    When I renovated my boat I built a substantial deck extension and did exactly this with a Yeti..... worked out great.
    I'll bet that is slick! When I did a deck extension on the Champ 203 I had, I found a great cooler that fit underneath. I loved being able to take it with me at the end of the day.

Given the number of boating accidents these days as bass fishermen are too busy either watching graphs or can't see because graphs are blocking their view or the next gen FFS where you'll be able to see active fish as you're cruising down the lake or just plain stupid, irresponsible driving,

I'd suggest the console area, driver and passenger sides be designed as a survival pod. In the event of an accident, the driver and passenger pod gets ejected. You'd obviously need oxygen bottles in the pod in the event it takes awhile for rescuers to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    Let’s start with the basics.
    a built in functional cooler that is really insulated and has a raised removable tray for your food.
    locker lock and latch pulls that is really functional- both for use and protection.
    uh.... think this exists in a few now. not understanding the latch able part. 2 out of 3. at least.

Most have moves to the sandwhiched foam coolers.

Heck i don't use ice for my drinks anymore, just a ice gelpack I throw on the bottom. keeps drinks cool all day.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by cart7 View Post
    Given the number of boating accidents these days as bass fishermen are too busy either watching graphs or can't see because graphs are blocking their view or the next gen FFS where you'll be able to see active fish as you're cruising down the lake or just plain stupid, irresponsible driving,

I'd suggest the console area, driver and passenger sides be designed as a survival pod. In the event of an accident, the driver and passenger pod gets ejected. You'd obviously need oxygen bottles in the pod in the event it takes awhile for rescuers to arrive.

add a cool 100k to the boat for that option. And U still won't survive impacts.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Innovation needs to be had in the manufacturing side, takes too long and too much labor to produce a boat. New materials or process to build hulls.

This could open the door for custom layout's.
    There are companies that mold boats from various plastics. Triumph (now defunct) is one that comes to mind that built deep-vee fishing boats.

10. Member
    For the current price the biggest inovation should be a flawless product. Seems no manufacturer has that part down yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    There should be a way to design a windscreen that pivots up when underway. It would likely need to be moved manually but this shouldn’t be complicated to design. The HUD would be a different deal. My aluminum Rangers came with drop in coolers made to fit one of the storage compartments, just bug enough to hold lunch and a few drinks for two anglers.
    Several years ago, Stratos had a flip-up windscreen for the passenger on one of their single-console models.
    With so many variations to mount multiple (large) sonar units on a console, this would be tough for a manufacturer to offer on a driver's console. But sounds like an aftermarket "custom" addition could be possible.

12. Member
    a recyclable use for fiberglass would be helpful for sure

Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    There are companies that mold boats from various plastics. Triumph (now defunct) is one that comes to mind that built deep-vee fishing boats.

13. Member
    The new materials and manufacturing processes caught my attention. With the advances in plastic technology, it would be interesting to see the plastic extrusion process make its way into bass boat hull building. I would think that would cut labor cost and make the hull building process quicker and more consistent. Hand laying fiberglass is a very labor intensive process and a factor of hull strength lies in the skills person laying up the hull. I never expected Rick Pierce to comment on this thread. Thanks Rick!

14. Member
    These are all good ideas, but I would like to see modular accessories that are easier to replace without taking on a major re-rig and electrical nightmare.

15. Member
    I would like to see some type of system where you could have pulleys to pull each anchor in. One at the front of the boat and one on the back.That way you would not have to buy expensive power poles.

Here's my idea, that of thought of actually developing.

A rod storage system (locker) that is automated. Push a button and a cylindrical rod rack rises from the rod locker. Push a button and the rod rack rotates so the rod you want is rotated to the top of the rack for easy removal (or storage). No more getting on your knees to dig tangled rods out of the rod locker.
    MCPO

I never backlash, but each time I go fishing I practice fixing them, just in case I ever do really backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by MCPO View Post
    Here's my idea, that of thought of actually developing.

A rod storage system (locker) that is automated. Push a button and a cylindrical rod rack rises from the rod locker. Push a button and the rod rack rotates so the rod you want is rotated to the top of the rack for easy removal (or storage). No more getting on your knees to dig tangled rods out of the rod locker.
    I'll use your idea and mate it to my automatic fish casting system.

The tournament winning.....Game changing, Automatic fish caster that uses livescope data to make accurate casts. Now we can add a couch and watch tv while they get reeled in. Can operate up to 7 rods at once.

Can rotate through several baits using MCPOs rod selector.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

How bout a battery compartment that can be accessed while standing on flat ground and doesn't need advanced geometry and physics to get one out. I just took mine out and it was move it to the back one inch, now tilt it at a 37.8 degree angel, now that the front corner is out pick that end up at a 49.2 degree angel and don't drop it.... All of this while upside down with my head in the bilge.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geodebasser View Post
    I would like to see some type of system where you could have pulleys to pull each anchor in. One at the front of the boat and one on the back.That way you would not have to buy expensive power poles.
    Something like this? https://www.boatsafe.com/best-electr...-anchor-winch/

Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    How bout a battery compartment that can be accessed while standing on flat ground and doesn't need advanced geometry and physics to get one out. I just took mine out and it was move it to the back one inch, now tilt it at a 37.8 degree angel, now that the front corner is out pick that end up at a 49.2 degree angel and don't drop it.... All of this while upside down with my head in the bilge.

It's actually really easy if you have the arm span of an Orangutan, the sheer muscle power of a silverback Gorilla, several extra tentacles like an Octopus (for balance) and a pair of eyes on eyestalks to get a wrench on the terminal bolts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast