Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangrSkipr View Post
    It's unbelievable the number of prescription drug pusher commercials on Tell A Vision these days. Regarding your previous comment, I lost all faith in the health care system when my mom was in her last few years of life and my sister and I got involved with her estate and medical affairs. She had a number of health issues but her doctor did not have her well being in mind. His interest was in how many drugs he could prescribe. Unbeknownst to us she had been hooked on oxycodone for several years and was allowed to call the local pharmacy and have her prescription delivered at will. That came to an end when we had no choice but to put her in assisted living and they began administering her dosage. Sadly that sent her into a deep state of depression. She was never the same and passed shortly afterwards. We did the whole WTF thing with her PP regarding the lengthy list of her medications to no avail. There was/is no legal recourse on her behalf so we just dropped it. I know many peoples lives are improved with the right medicines, but big pharma is big business and there is corruption within when the money become more important than the patients health.
    your story is sad.in his later years my uncle took oxycodone for probably 20 years. starting out he took one a day.as he aged he got up to 3 per day.i never thought he was abusing them because he was a coal miner for 32 years working mostly in 40 inch coal and less.when he went to the nursing home they cut his dosage to one a day.the last six months of his life was not good.some days the withdrawals were really bad.he also was never the same and was very depressed.he was 73
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

Should of asked him if he likes bbq.

3. Member
    I know you didn't say a word, but did you nod or shake your head no any? Also, do you know what word the doctor trying to say when he was studdering? Did you ever find out why he called you in?
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

This has been a funny read. Also, a serious one when discussing doctors and your health. Moving into a different state last year, I researched long and hard for a good primary doctor. It took 5 months to get an appt. my wife and I both seen the real mccoy. Hopefully, that continues. She was very thorough, and pretty, too. She did not check my front end or rear.....maybe that happens at my next visit. Their app will bombard you with quick results and all kinds of detailed information, too. So far, so good!
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Last time I sat down and talked to my family that see patients I was told that plenty GP providers have a goal of 30 patients a day. “Medi” and all the other names for .Gov insurance doesn’t pay enough to keep the doors open in anything less than a dump. It’s sad, but that’s where we are.

My doc at the military base takes weeks to get an appointment, the VA can take months. We both see Urgent Care for colds etc…the military doc visits take at least an hour of waiting, but the doc is VERY thorough when he’s in the room. I dread going on Medicare next year because the base will no longer see me for primary care. I’m already looking for a different GP and always wonder why people think all government insurance is the answer.

Congrats on the weight loss, that alone should make you feel better!
    I live near Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri and went through the same thing a couple years ago. I found a good group and can get same day appointments when I get sick, which not often however. It is almost impossible to get a same day appointment with VA locally. The Medicare and Tricare for life are a good deal. If you don't like your first choice after a while, find another.

6. Member
    I told all my children and grandchildren....we are no longer in the healthcare era, we are in the for profit era. They try to sell you a drug to come up, and then a drug to come down. One to make you slim, and one to make you round. Radiate you and feed you poison for cancer. Cancer is everywhere. I told them...it is best to stay well. Try to maintain your weight, eat good stuff, take care of your body and immune system. There are no guarantees, but if you become obese, with high blood pressure and diabetes, you will go to the pill farm and all the side effects you don't want. Around here there is a dialysis clinic every 5 miles. Americans are in really bad health. Medicare and Medicaid will never go broke, they just raise taxes....but the ever increasing costs means the care will suck. they need to bring PE back in schools, and even a once a week class in nutrition and showing young people the effects of aging with fast food as your diet.

7. Member
    What is the drug to "make you round". I need to be tested.

8. Member
    I have read all of this and I guess I am fortunate--I have a wonderful PCP and love him and his staff. He is just what his title states--Primary Care--I have a neurologist--Cardiologist and oncologist. For years they have made a combined great team and we have a wonderful relationship. I believe this from my heart----You get out of them what you put in..It is a relationship---and even with insurance and expensive relationship. I have never been shy to speak my mind when it comes to my health. All this crap talk about --I do not like my doctor--etc--Find another one. You only have one life and why bitch and moan about the doctor you are seeing. For Christ sake life is short enough.

9. Member
    Doctors are no different than the guy who builds your house, mows lawns, law enforcement, teachers, ditch diggers, everything. They are just people---there are good ones and bad ones. There's nothing stopping you from switching until you find what you like. Always is better to ask friends and relatives how they like their doctor if that is an option.

10. Member
    Some are very responsive thru the portal. My lung doc's nurse is top notch. She answers quickly and follows through whenever I have a question or concern.

I hear ya OP, I have had the same kind of circumstance where I come in with improving lab numbers and it isn't good enough. I am the only one to blame for my numbers though.

On the flip side, you should continue to advocate for your health. Don't become complacent and "shop" around for someone else.

My current care network is losing providers and customers left and right due to poor management. Only the crappy Docs that can't seem to maintain employment elsewhere seem to be staying.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    Maybe a chiro was the wrong example, but you get my point. Every GP I’ve ever been to doesn’t know anymore than the nurses I see or things I can find out myself with about 10 min worth of research.

My point is that if you’re relying on your GP “doctor” to provide you with what you need for your medical advice…. Good luck.
    A good Nurse usually knows morw about the pt than the Doc thats for damn sure....and some even know exactly how to treat it
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

13. Member
    Your doctor did not fully review your progress before advising you on weight loss. It's really terrible to hear how doctors treat people. If you're seeking reliable medication sources, exploring reputable options like Canadian Pharmacy B2B could be wise. They prioritize safety and accessibility, making it easier for individuals to find the medication they need.
    Last edited by maryglo; 04-26-2024 at 02:05 AM.

14. Member
    Unfortunately, this happens when you meet with a doctor who seems only concerned with formalities. It is important that the doctor listens to the patient and carefully considers his history. Your case shows how important it is for doctors to treat each patient individually and carefully analyze the data before drawing conclusions or making recommendations.

15. Member

Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    I switched doctors last fall. The one I had would not respond back to my ortho surgeon about my upcoming surgery. I contacted the doctor and he still didn't answer back. So I switched to the same doctor as my wife. Had my first visit last October. Went back Tuesday for a follow up. Went a month ago and had all the blood work done and so on. Nurse calls me back and jump on the scales. I have lost 20 pounds. BP was 121/82. Dr comes in and asked if I'm feeling ok, shortness of breath etc etc. Said your blood work was fine. You need to lose weight you can do this by etc etc. I didn't say a word. Less than five minutes he was heading out the door. As he reached for the door I said I have a question. He stopped and said yes. I asked "did you look at my chart that your nurse just filled out?" Yes "Are you sure?" Why do you ask "Well you give me the weight lose speech you have that you have memorized so well, did you even bother to compare my weight from the previous visit, go ahead have a look" He opens the chart and looks, no response. "Yep that's 20 pounds doc" Just some stuttering as he exited the room. The nurse came back in and said your free to go
    Sounds like a busy doc and a smart ass patient to me.

With that attitude, I suspect you'll have a hard time finding a provider that meets your expectations but without some apologies I don't think this doctor patient relationship is going to be very satisfying.

I wonder what was the purpose of your visit
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    Sounds like a busy doc and a smart ass patient to me.

With that attitude, I suspect you'll have a hard time finding a provider that meets your expectations but without some apologies I don't think this doctor patient relationship is going to be very satisfying.

I wonder what was the purpose of your visit
    You like many that responded to this thread have the same problem. You can’t read. It was a follow up visit. It was my second time seeing him after changing to him. You see they label them as follow up visits so they can charge you. And you call me a smart ass
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

18. Member
    Reading comprehension is a terrible thing
    Hi Mike.

And you still haven't told me the reason for your visit.

Follow up? Follow up for what?

It seemed like your initial visit was simply a routine first visit with a new PCP but you weren't clear about that either.

I can read, I assure you. But I can't read your mind.

I think I see at least part of the problem...
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

I feel the same way, I haven’t been to the doc in years for anything other than annual physical. Went the other day for a specific issue and they didn’t even look at my specific issue just took some notes and asked where I’d like my ultrasound done.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast