Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Next time use your words. Communication is a thing and works wonders.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    Next time use your words. Communication is a thing and works wonders.

I agree 100%. Some people are new to boat ownership and fishing and may be clueless that they are not being courteous. If we all keep expecting others to educate them we might keep getting the same results. We can't keep just "blaming" the younger generation etc. We all started somewhere and sometimes they don't have anyone to show them the ropes.
    You can give friendly suggestions etc and communication helps everyone.

3. Member
    Well, I figured me walking from the bow to the stern and staring them down would have sent the message. I didn't want to make too much of a commotion because I just landed a good fish moments before they came around. Just trying to be an adult about it. Thinking back, I probably should have sailed a crankbait across them.

4. Member
    Some suggested reading for us all:
    Last edited by Kskeet; 04-12-2024 at 11:48 AM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton 19x2 View Post
    Well, I figured me walking from the bow to the stern and staring them down would have sent the message. I didn't want to make too much of a commotion because I just landed a good fish moments before they came around. Just trying to be an adult about it. Thinking back, I probably should have sailed a crankbait across them.
    Of course, because that is how all the other adults communicate their displeasure. They "stare down" people they are upset with and throw things at them.

6. Member
    . Thinking back, I probably should have sailed a crankbait across them.
    Yep...I'm sure that would have explained everything clearly.

I'm with Bryan on this one....I have seen more rude actions and heard more harsh words spoken from the older generation to the younger generation.....and they wonder why they don't get any respect? Respect is earned, not given.....and when an old person attacks a young person they stereotype them into "the dumb young generation" to justify their actions. Give me a break.

7. Member
    You actually acted like a child with the stare down, nothing adult about it. Calmly having an informed conversation with the young boaters would have been the adult thing to do. It works wonders if done politely. Have had a few conversations with boaters who encroached on me and when they realized it apologized and thanked me for pointing it out and moved along.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

You know they are sitting around having beers with there buddies laughing about the guy that starred them down.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

9. Member
    "Staring people down" is a finely refined form of communication in the hood, according to an old college room-mate I had who lived it.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadYakker View Post
    "Staring people down" is a finely refined form of communication in the hood, according to an old college room-mate I had who lived it.
    Next time I’m trolling down the curb pitching a magnet trying to catch nickels and run up on a hoop dee with some gang members in it, I’ll be sure to “read the room”

11. Member
    I quietly stare until they tell me how good I'm doing.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12