Thread: Pants that fit

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Pants that fit

I'm having a hard time finding pants that actually fit. I have short legs a 29" inseam, my waist is easy to find. With most clothing being made in Southeast Asia, and China, they think that we are all giants!
    I was in Hong Kong and I wanted a new pair of pants and the tailor took the measurements, I told him that I didn't want Metric and he showed me the Imperial measurements. When I went to get them, I decided that I better try them on first. We'll there wasn't any room in the crotch and I told him that I didn't want them. He " you come back in four day"! I didn't have four day! I just walked out without paying him. He was following me and yelling as loud as he could 😂! For anyone who hasn't been to Hong Kong, there are tens of thousands of people in the streets back in 1968,and you had to walk with the crowd, not against them! They curse at you for that!
    Does anyone else have something similar to this.

2. Member
    Are you referring to the story about the tailor, the short legs, or the proportionately short inseam? If that's the case, I understand completely, as I have a 25.5" inseam myself, which means everything I've owned since the age of eight has needed tailoring. Believe me, someone always has it tougher. In this case, I'm that person!
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

3. Member
    I have a hard time finding pants long enough, with a small enough waist. They make them, just never in stock anywhere and I hate buying clothes off the internet.

4. Member
    I know if I buy 5 jeans only one of them will usually fit. One will be tight in the thighs. One will be tight in the waist. One will be loose in the waist. One will be tight in the crotch. One will be just right.

Most companies have serious issues with consistency.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

I haven't bought a pair of jeans in years.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

These days
    I wear the stretchy waist Khaki's and get them hemmed
    Lands'End always has a sale going on
    In Jeans the inseam is every 1/4"

Shopping has never been so easy

7. Member
    Could it be the person is dimensioned wrong? Apparently off the shelf stuff is made for "the masses". When I was in Okinawa I had some shirts custom made for me. They fit beautifully then. Not so now, I have settled.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    I have a hard time finding pants long enough, with a small enough waist. They make them, just never in stock anywhere and I hate buying clothes off the internet.
    Same!! I have to buy all my pants online, and hope they fit the way I like them to. I’m also not a jeans guy, haven’t worn them in years and don’t ever see me wearing jeans ever again.

9. Member
    Our company provided uniforms(carhartt) are never consistent in size. 20 years ago they were always sized correctly. Not so much now. To big, to small, to short, to long. This is poor Quality control at its best.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

I agree, Its hard to find pants where the waist is double the inseam. Also a side note anyone know why my boat only goes 62mph? Maybe this is not the right thread for this question.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

11. Member
    No, I've never been to Hong Kong
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

12. Member
    Get back to me when you find 42/24's please. Ever taken a pair of short in to be hemmed?
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

13. Member
    I agree on the quality being crap these days, I bought 3 pairs of Wranglers last year, same "model" and all three-fit different. Issues in the waist size and leg length, all three were different from each other, I measured the inseam, and one was 29 1/2, next was 29 1/4 and the last was 28 7/8.

BFSteve - That was my dad's issue his whole life, needed 34 - 36 waist with a 25 inseam (I called him torso man), every pair of pants/jeans he ever bought he would take in to have the legs shortened.

14. Member
    Like the man with five peters said, his pants fit like a glove.
    Hi Mike.

15. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    I can remember when we got married my wife would go to Harry Applebaums which sold nothing but Levi’s brand. There was no such thing as prewashed and they were all as stiff as a board when new. She would buy 4 pair the same size and they would all fit exactly the same. Not anymore..

Dale Sinclair original

16. Member
    Having a pair of pants hemmed around where I live isn't cheap.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    I can remember when we got married my wife would go to Harry Applebaums which sold nothing but Levi’s brand. There was no such thing as prewashed and they were all as stiff as a board when new. She would buy 4 pair the same size and they would all fit exactly the same. Not anymore..
    Yea I remember those days too.

18. Member
    Sounds like you need “long rise” cuts. Some brands advertise a diamond gusset which also solves that problem. Good pants rarely come hemmed anyway. Add another 20.00 to the price or shop somewhere that alters “for free” IE you pay for it in the initial price.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I know if I buy 5 jeans only one of them will usually fit. One will be tight in the thighs. One will be tight in the waist. One will be loose in the waist. One will be tight in the crotch. One will be just right.

Most companies have serious issues with consistency.
    Look where they are made. They fit different cuz the same clothes are made in several different countries. UA does this with shirts and it drives me nuts. Same shirt made in 3 different countries all fit different. Shorts too.

Nope, don't know your issue. My issue was the inseam never being long enough for my waist size. Now that my waist has spread some, that issue has went away. I only wear jeans for pants and have worn the same brand and style for 40 years.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast